New (late 2021) ZS EV

Wonder if the affinity scheme will apply to the new model? Looking to change my Ford Kuga for the new MG ZS EV LR have been waiting for something from MG to come along like this for a while. Then it would be an MG3 EV for the wife when they are released.

MG Deutschland now has prices showing:
SR Comfort 30.420,00 € (inkl. MwSt. & zzgl. Transportkosten i.H.v. 595€)
SR Luxury 32.420,00 € (inkl. MwSt. & zzgl. Transportkosten i.H.v. 595€)
LR Comfort 34.420,00 € (inkl. MwSt. & zzgl. Transportkosten i.H.v. 595€)
LR Luxury 36.420,00 € (inkl. MwSt. & zzgl. Transportkosten i.H.v. 595€)
So: €2,000 extra for Luxury vs Comfort. €4,000 extra for LR vs SR.

The pricing needs to be enticing, if it's nearer 35Kish, why would you go for this over the Marvel R?, At least in EU ATM

I've read a few news articles about the new zs ev and they tend to make a point of mentioning that the long range has the batteries in the floor. Where are the batteries in the current model then ???!

A few points I've noticed.

Comfort vs Luxury trim gives iSmart lite vs more functionality, if lite provides remote cabin pre-cool/heat then that'll do me.

LR only has 3phase (11kw) AC charging, SR has 6.6kw.

LR has a lower power motor, 115kw vs 130kw on the short range. Bit odd they've done this and not used the higher power one of both models.

Rear air vents now :)

Both trims have heated front seats, amongst other things in common.
Potentially more folk will take the "Comfort" rather than "Luxury" trim, unlike now where you get a lot more with the higher trim.

Some figures don't seem to be correct, they can't both have same 0-100 time with different power motors surely, plus the weights must be different for each battery.

It's advertised as 150kw in one place and 115/130 elsewhere....

Can anyone spot if they've kept the pointless "battery" switch next to the KERS & MODE switches?
Have they fitted a rear seat courtesy light yet ?

Re UK pricing.
I presume there is no question that it will be below £35k to get the grant.

So, worst case the Long Range and Top Trim level version will be £34,999.

Given the difference in Europe between LR & SR is €4,000 (=£3400) and between the Luxury & Comfort is €2,000 (=£1700).
That would suggest that the worst case highest price the SR Comfort could be is £29,899, after the £2.5 grant that would be £27,399. The current Excite model after grant is £26,095.

I once changed the whip Ariel for a stubby one...but had to change it back to get better reception on MW....don't laugh. I like MW, reminds me of my youth when I used to listen the Radio Caroline (North and South) Radio London, radio North Sea international....etc etc. Not the same without all the crackell and hums and dead spots!

Yes, with the official shark fin supplied with Australian models, I get very poor AM reception unless I happen to be in a very good reception area (generally higher elevations). It's very nearly unusable.

Maybe mine has something missing, broken, or unplugged? Other Aussies care to comment?

I used to listen the Radio Caroline
Wow … Chris.
Radio Caroline, now that’s takes me back in time a bit !.
Listening to it on my transistor radio WAY back in the day 🤣.
Fiddling about with the tuning wheel as
the music was fading in and out, as the ship was riding the waves 🌊.
Good times 😊.

Re UK pricing.
I presume there is no question that it will be below £35k to get the grant.

So, worst case the Long Range and Top Trim level version will be £34,999.

Given the difference in Europe between LR & SR is €4,000 (=£3400) and between the Luxury & Comfort is €2,000 (=£1700).
That would suggest that the worst case highest price the SR Comfort could be is £29,899, after the £2.5 grant that would be £27,399. The current Excite model after grant is £26,095.
I totally agree.
The car in LR and top spec really needs to be under that £35,000 threshold for customers to receive the remaining grant.
If not, then other EV’s begin to look more favourable ?.
To much to expect MG to provide any other incentives off the price, like they did on the Gen 1 models then 🤷.
I believe you will only be able to get the larger battery pack model at first, then the smaller pack wil come latter.
This appears to be a common practice with other manufacturers as well.
I think your prediction on price is about where it needs to be IMHO.
At that price I would really consider upgrading, given that residuals are so strong at the moment.
It’s been stated that MG will be raising its prices in Jan of next year, if so it could just push the price of the LR top spec model over the £35,000 threshold !.
If that happens, it is adding another £3,000 to the car in affect !.
Not so attractive now 😔.

Anyone has a light on the new engines??? how is possible that now 0-100 km/h is 8.6 seconds, anybody knows if for some reason the new facelift has come with more weight...(as battery is bigger but density and factor are smaller in the new one weight have to be near same). Maybe (162 and 204 hp engines are capped to increase autonomy)..

Anyone has a light on the new engines??? how is possible that now 0-100 km/h is 8.6 seconds, anybody knows if for some reason the new facelift has come with more weight...(as battery is bigger but density and factor are smaller in the new one weight have to be near same). Maybe (162 and 204 hp engines are capped to increase autonomy)..
0.1 sec slower is not a massive difference though on the previous gen? Maybe it's to eek more range.

0.1 sec slower is not a massive difference though on the previous gen? Maybe it's to eek more range.
is not 0.1 is 0.4 here in spain 0-100 is declared as 8.2 seconds, for that is strange that new engines with more power give worst time. I only could think that declaration of MG is wrong or new engines capped for more range. (we could not know until the car is available and people do youtube reviews, example Bjorn Nyland).

is not 0.1 is 0.4 here in spain 0-100 is declared as 8.2 seconds, for that is strange that new engines with more power give worst time. I only could think that declaration of MG is wrong or new engines capped for more range. (we could not know until the car is available and people do youtube reviews, example Bjorn Nyland).
The current model is much faster than the official figures say anyway, mine could do 0-60 in 7 seconds. It also had a top speed of 96 mph, much faster than the 84 or so quoted.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom