New MG4 owner

I have just found out that the lampposts in Walton charge your car up?
Is this real or have some clever naughty scousers found a way plz?

Your going to have to be extra easy on your right foot!
Why? I've never worried about putting petrol in my Mustang and that does 8 miles per gallon. I

Nonsense, he has an LR, that should be perfectly feasible.
5 days of ownership so far and 209 miles in and it's had its first charge today at a job site I was on. They have chargers in the car park and it cost me £6 as it's subsidised by the company! Happy days

5 days of ownership so far and 209 miles in and it's had its first charge today at a job site I was on. They have chargers in the car park and it cost me £6 as it's subsidised by the company! Happy days

:)

I have just found out that the lampposts in Walton charge your car up?
Is this real or have some clever naughty scousers found a way plz?

Google lamp-post chargers.

Wow I did not know
I tell you I learn something new everyday about EVs

Attachments

• IMG_1514.png
    IMG_1514.png
    131.4 KB · Views: 105
Why? I've never worried about putting petrol in my Mustang and that does 8 miles per gallon. I

Just to give you a heads up, I do less than 5 miles daily commutes, and my consumption in the winter is around 2miles/kWh, this would only gives me a range of 125 miles on full charge!
Although I see you do on average 20miles, so your consumption should be much better in the Winter, 200miles full charge is not a problem in winter.

Your going to have to be extra easy on your right foot!
Currently on the A1 (having done A12 and M11) and left home on 100%. After 98 miles was on 50% so around 200 to empty. Only 8 degrees and all dual carriageway so not optimal, but even so quite a significant drop on he 270 mile range it showed as we left home.

Currently on the A1 (having done A12 and M11) and left home on 100%. After 98 miles was on 50% so around 200 to empty. Only 8 degrees and all dual carriageway so not optimal, but even so quite a significant drop on he 270 mile range it showed as we left home.
I must need to revise my driving style having seen (on other threads) that people are managing mid-high 4’s on the miles per kw. We did 12 miles on the a15 behind a horse box, average speed showed as 42mph (max would have been 50). No air con, 12 degrees temp and showed 3.8 miles per kw. Our overall average over 1150 miles (which includes at least 800 on dual carriageways) is 3.4. How do people get in the 4’s?!?!?
Ours is a Trophy

I've just taken delivery of the plastic moulded set discussed in another thread, for winter use. I need to hoover out the car before I put them in though. Hopefully they'll confine the mud and stones and leaves to the plastic area and spare the carpet. I'll probably put the carpet mats back for the summer.

I've just taken delivery of the plastic moulded set discussed in another thread, for winter use. I need to hoover out the car before I put them in though. Hopefully they'll confine the mud and stones and leaves to the plastic area and spare the carpet. I'll probably put the carpet mats back for the summer.
That's what I've always done. The rubber ones go in the shed in April and come out again at the end of September.

I couldn't cope with plastic mats like but that's just me as it would remind me to much of my old defender! Cheap enough for carpet mats that I've ordered another set so £26 for 2 sets of mats that I'll have a summer set and a winter set.

Me too!
Very pleased with them.
Previous rubber ones were useless at containing any detritus, of which I have plenty, living at the end of a country lane!

20231019_105020.jpg

Last edited:

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 530 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums