New MG4 SE owner

Disappointing. How come?

So MG EV owners will only ever be able to access Octopus Intelligent and OVO anytime if you get an Ohme Pro charger?
Seems that way - based on the OHME costs you'd probably never get to the point of saving on the charge rate if you change from your current charger. I'm not sure why they can't cope with MGs, especially as the 4 is one of the fastest selling EVs.
We told them online we have an MG4 and they said we have added another vote to include MGs

Seems that way - based on the OHME costs you'd probably never get to the point of saving on the charge rate if you change from your current charger. I'm not sure why they can't cope with MGs, especially as the 4 is one of the fastest selling EVs.
We told them online we have an MG4 and they said we have added another vote to include MGs

That's odd because when I do the compatibility check online it says using the Ohme Home Pro and the MG4 SE are compatible?

From what you can read it would seem the blockage is from the MG side (not allowing Ohme / third parties to access 'their' data via the API. I'm sure Ohme / Octopus would very much like to include MGs as they are a big chunk of the market as you say.

That's odd because when I do the compatibility check online it says using the Ohme Home Pro and the MG4 SE are compatible?
They are compatible, in the sense that you can use the Intelligent Octopus tariff with an MG4 as long as you have the Ohme Pro charger

I think you will find that it is the charger that is compatible. So that allows you to be on Octopus Intelligent. When I was investigating it as I have a Zappi Charger that wasn’t compatible albeit they are supposed to be making it compatible but they have been doing this for ages with no end date. When I went down the car route the MG4 wasn’t in the list of compatible cars. I have asked along with many others clicked on the link to ask them to get it integrated.

I think you will find that it is the charger that is compatible. So that allows you to be on Octopus Intelligent. When I was investigating it as I have a Zappi Charger that wasn’t compatible albeit they are supposed to be making it compatible but they have been doing this for ages with no end date. When I went down the car route the MG4 wasn’t in the list of compatible cars. I have asked along with many others clicked on the link to ask them to get it integrated.
Do you just email them out of the blue, or is there a better way to do it?

As someone else says, it will need to consent of MG which is probably the problem.

Can we post the Octopus Intelligence link here so we can all click on it and maybe push MG up the ‘todo’ compatibility listing.

Do you just email them out of the blue, or is there a better way to do it?

As someone else says, it will need to consent of MG which is probably the problem.
If you get on the Intelligent Octopus page you scroll down the compatible car list and I think it’s a link on there to click to ask for integration

If you have the app it’s in there if you scroll down the intelligent octopus page and click on that it will show you the links for chargers or car. Click the car link and it’s at the bottom of that list

Pictures

Attachments

• IMG_6197.png
    IMG_6197.png
    233.7 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_6198.png
    IMG_6198.png
    204.3 KB · Views: 54
If you have the app it’s in there if you scroll down the intelligent octopus page and click on that it will show you the links for chargers or car. Click the car link and it’s at the bottom of that list

I think this is where the confusion is. In terms of just the car on it's own the vehicle is not compatible with the granny charger or type2 charger on the Octopus plan.

But if you have one of the compatible chargers that will supersede the car compatibility as the charger (in my case the Ohme Home Pro) talks to octopus and tells them what's gone into the vehicle.

Kindest,

I think this is where the confusion is. In terms of just the car on it's own the vehicle is not compatible with the granny charger or type2 charger on the Octopus plan.

But if you have one of the compatible chargers that will supersede the car compatibility as the charger (in my case the Ohme Home Pro) talks to octopus and tells them what's gone into the vehicle.

Kindest,
I am not talking about the Granny Charger. I have solar panels so I went down the route of having a Zappi charger installed. The annoying thing in one sense though is that this was purchased and installed through Octopus Energy and if they are doing that you would thought they would have pulled their finger out to make them compatible with Octopus Intelligent.

Perhaps yeah. I just went by the list of chargers that are marked as compatible on the app :)

It's coming up that " Wallbox " is now supported on my app too :) I think that is fairly new.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 545 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 92 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back