New MG4 Shipment?

Ordered a Grey Trophy before the books opened, and was told I’d have one this month… which is about to be next month. I’m going to ring my dealer this week and ask for an update.

I agree with you few who have said MG has made a poor decision on bulk shipping Orange. Us Brits prefer the darker colours - it fits our weather better :D

I was told by the dealer that at the pre release dealer events they had a poll of what they thought would be most popular, and the orange Trophy was the overwhelming winner, so that explains the ships having more orange 🤔

Last edited:
Already been pushed to Wednesday….person that called didnt even know that their colleague had arranged for collection tomorrow, despite the fact that they’d already asked us to transfer the full amount on Friday.
Also couldn’t tell us the Reg.
First car from MG…not the most professional experience! We shall see what Wednesday brings…
school person error - you dont give over final money, or sign any papers till you have inspected the car and its dent and scratch free.

Well I’ll take an orange Trophy off their hands if they want to give me it for the price of the white SE SR I have on order! 👍🏻

Waiting on a White trophy, ordered 01st October, told it would be 12 to 14 weeks.
I dropped a quick courtesy telephone call on Saturday, turns out the sales guy I was in contact with has left and was informed that although my order has been paired up it is still showing as "shortage " on the system and it is estimated to be 12 weeks from 17th October (ETA 20th Jan 2023)

Last edited:
Waiting on a White trophy, ordered 01st October, told it would be 12 to 14 weeks.
I dropped a quick courtesy telephone call on Saturday, turns out the sales guy I was in contact with has left and was informed that although my order has been paired up it is still showing as "shortage " on the system and it is estimated to be 12 weeks from 17th October
I'm guessing you had the same sales guy as me. Andy?

I've got an orange trophy on order and they are still saying Nov but no more info than that.

I was told by the dealer that at the pre release dealer events they had a poll of what they thought would be most popular, and the orange Trophy was the overwhelming winner, so that explains the ships having more orange 🤔
What my dealer said is that they'll receive my car today, after which it will:
  • Be PDI'ed
  • Have its updates done (I presume software)
  • "check for oil leak"
Alas the service department doesn't work the weekends, so pending all above goes smoothly, I'd be able to get the car early/mid next week?

Update from dealer on my new Camden Gray Trophy MG4, very clear and empathetic:
  • PDI and software updates done.
  • Alas, “it is showing signs of an oil leak,”so…
The dealer will wait until new breather pipe part arrives, expected 2nd week November. They will give my car priority. Once part is in, they will drain oil, fix new breather pipe, refill oil to the required level.

Good empathetic rhetoric that at least I know the car has had the fix before I drive it away, and I will not get any further problems.

More news soon….

Does that mean they drove your car for a period to see if the oil leak developed? If not then yours is the first (?) case of a leak being seen at PDI without having been driven.

Does that mean they drove your car for a period to see if the oil leak developed? If not then yours is the first (?) case of a leak being seen at PDI without having been driven.
My dealer I think said that 3 of their 5 original batch had the leak, including their showroom car which hadn't been driven much, if at all.

I'm guessing you had the same sales guy as me. Andy?

I've got an orange trophy on order and they are still saying Nov but no more info than that.
Yeah Andy left for a role with BMW

They have sold and matched over 35 vehicles but nothing ( no Trophy spec) left to have as a demonstrator.

Last edited:
school person error - you dont give over final money, or sign any papers till you have inspected the car and its dent and scratch free.
I know, we didn’t transfer as wouldn’t do that without exactly what you mentioned. The point being that they asked for it, it’s just another example of why it’s not been the best experience.

I also ordered from Holden this month. Was quoted 16-32 weeks. Would be interested to know if others are being told the same.
I ordered a blue trophy at Holden Norwich on 01/10/22 and was told 8-12 weeks (this was obviously just a rough estimate to be fair). Then I changed the order to red a week later. I haven't contacted them for an update yet.

I don't know. All I was told was my car has been through the workshop and unfortunately it is showing signs of a leak.

I also ordered from Holden this month. Was quoted 16-32 weeks. Would be interested to know if others are being told the same.
I got in early, end of August. I assumed there would have been a long queue already, but apparently I'm second in line for an SE SR. So I've got one allocated to me. I think it arrived in country on the 7th. But what's happened to it since then no one knows!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back