New MG4 Shipment?

Based on some searching, I believe its the Stena Ebba

It says destination is Suez Canal with ETA of 4th November. Looking at the Bristol Port itinerary the Stena Ebba is due in on the 14th November.

1667322039166.png

Also looking at the spec for the Stena Ebba it can carry 3600 lane meters. Roughly 6 lane meters per car in Europe, so could be carrying 600 vehicles.

Happy news! My car arrived at the dealer today, and I'll collect on Saturday.
I believe it arrived in country on the 7th (a white SE SR) for what it's worth.
Congrats! Did Holden give you heads-up on it's progress over the last month or are you only just hearing about this now?

Congrats! Did Holden give you heads-up on it's progress over the last month or are you only just hearing about this now?
They pretty much knew nothing until it arrived today. They got a spreadsheet with the vin numbers and specs, and the date it arrived in country, about a day before the ship docked.

They pretty much knew nothing until it arrived today. They got a spreadsheet with the vin numbers and specs, and the date it arrived in country, about a day before the ship docked.
So they knew what stock they were allocated on the 6th, just not when the car was due to arrive with them. I might send them an email for an update on my order and ask if they know anything.

So they knew what stock they were allocated on the 6th, just not when the car was due to arrive with them. I might send them an email for an update on my order and ask if they know anything.
Yep. Nothing to be lost. I've been in their back a bit, but tried to be friendly with it.

Just had news from the Master of Stena Ebba he has 300 units of cars ranging from MH ZS, MGeHS, MG4 and MG5. Also 300 van units. Due to dock in Bristol 14th November. Some lucky peolple will get before Xmas!!!
Good news, and I'm glad my 600 vehicle estimation was correct 😂

Going to be pestering my dealer to get me one from that ship. They we're surprised I knew they'd be getting another allocation rather than just customer orders.

Good news, and I'm glad my 600 vehicle estimation was correct 😂

Going to be pestering my dealer to get me one from that ship. They we're surprised I knew they'd be getting another allocation rather than just customer orders.
Its amazing how some things come in handy. I was Senior Chief Engineer for Stena Line for nearly 30 years and did a few new build delivery trips in my time, retired a few years ago but still have good contacts....

Its amazing how some things come in handy. I was Senior Chief Engineer for Stena Line for nearly 30 years and did a few new build delivery trips in my time, retired a few years ago but still have good contacts....

Ahh, I was an ETO in the cruise industry and RFA for a bit. Never did cargo, although passengers were effectively our cargo.

Got to wondering when & where the Ebba will go into service, once she's dropped off all these cars & vans.
The answer was between Karlskrona, Sweden & Gdynia, Poland, beginning next month.

Got to wondering when & where the Ebba will go into service, once she's dropped off all these cars & vans.
The answer was between Karlskrona, Sweden & Gdynia, Poland, beginning next month.
Clever really, The ship needs to be delivered to Europe so let’s bring some cars over at the same time😀

What other ships are you currently tracking?
It’s not very scientific - just names that have been mentioned. The Anji
32, which arrives in Lianyungang - the closest port to the SAIC factory, looks interesting assuming that it will come to the UK. It could arrive around mid December.
76A0008D-7E67-4829-9DE6-A56470C0C9E2.png

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 518 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel