New MG4 Shipment?

Folks at work have ordered new Model 3 company cars (LR Dual Motor) ... they've been told March, but they're not holding their breathes.

Mine was supposed to be ready for pickup this Monday coming, but its still stuck on the docks at Portbury because they can't find a driver to move it or HGV driver to transport it to the dealer.
Dealer called me today to say.....got no news 🙄

The dealer I visited today did not have a 4 in the showroom. Only an SE demonstrator. They had 3 new style 5's . They also told me they are not allowed to register any petrol cars until Jan because of the CO2 fines for the year being limited.

Have people called their dealership, I know the dealer "should" be keeping you up to date, if they don't then I don't have the patience to wait to hear for weeks on end.
I ordered on 2nd Sept and I'm lucky enough to have got my Trophy on 11th Nov. That's pretty good I reckon.

To the thought that you could have any EV by now @Splodgie , the reality of my experience is not new, I waited 11 months for an ID3 to be told it wouldn't be until July next year (that would be 22 months from order) before I gave up and switched to an MG4.

I get it's frustrating and sympathise with the lack of info you are getting, my suggestion would be to proactively contact your dealership to get more info, confirm if it's ship date or dealership etc.
thanks for reading my post and your thoughts. Im sure the dealer is sick of me making (what i think are) reasonable queries about where my car actually is and he is also frustrated at not having any of the info to hand to actually tell me. I ordered an ID3 in July and got so sick of waiting i cancelled the order and ordered the MG when they promised a November delivery so have some sympathy with you comment. What i would say is that since being ghosted by MG ive been looking around at EV's with under 2k miles and i have been able to physically kick the tyres of quite a few.

So, I popped into my local MG dealer (Holdcroft) to see if I could get any update on my order (White Trophy - Ordered 01st October) so 9 weeks into the estimated 12 week lead time and still no word.

The guys in the dealership run a check and it was still showing as TBA. Nothing.
Oh well........we continue to wait...its dull though....very dull.

So, I popped into my local MG dealer (Holdcroft) to see if I could get any update on my order (White Trophy - Ordered 01st October) so 9 weeks into the estimated 12 week lead time and still no word.

The guys in the dealership run a check and it was still showing as TBA. Nothing.
Oh well........we continue to wait...its dull though....very dull.
Yes.

Personally I think it is completely outrageous that the car doesn’t turn up much sooner than my dealer said because I want it now. Growing up, all I had to say was “I want it!” and things were given to me instantly. The world owes me this car. It’s so unfair! 😆🤣😂🤣😆

Yes.

Personally I think it is completely outrageous that the car doesn’t turn up much sooner than my dealer said because I want it now. Growing up, all I had to say was “I want it!” and things were given to me instantly. The world owes me this car. It’s so unfair! 😆🤣😂🤣😆
1670229031227.png

hahaha...yeah..on reflection, that's how it may have read....however I am not disappointed in the fact that it has not arrived sooner, it is the fact it has not progressed on the MG system from day 1, e.g. it still is TBA and no other progress. @Ian Key, your photo shop skills are admirable :)

hahaha...yeah..on reflection, that's how it may have read....however I am not disappointed in the fact that it has not arrived sooner, it is the fact it has not progressed on the MG system from day 1, e.g. it still is TBA and no other progress. @Ian Key, your photo shop skills are admirable :)
I wasn’t actually talking about you, but my own impatience! Apologies if it appeared I was saying this about you, not my intention.

I ordered an MG4 SE LR in grey today. I was told to expect 16 to 32 weeks, which at least felt honest, “but it might be sooner”. Hoping the dealer was lowering expectations and that it might be December/January.
Update: in the end we cancelled our order and purchased an immediately available MG5 EV Long Range (pre facelift) for the same money. I took it home this morning. Made sense for us size wise - pleased also to have a few more comforts with it. Range is less, but won’t be a problem on a daily basis- only on longer journeys. Good luck to all of you waiting for your MG4s.

Chased my White Trophy today That I was supposed to pick up Saturday just gone. Still at port apparently. They were able to give me the VIN number so I can just assume I have to be patient and one day it will arrive.
Difficult when I will have to get my son to drive me 150 miles to pick it up, not as if just round the corner.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 470 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 79 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 45 7.6%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back