New MG4 Shipment?

We got our first ZS EV from same dealer, coincidentally in red. Very good to deal with.
I got the train up there during winter 2021 lockdown, freezing with snow and drove it home nearly 300 miles charging 3 times...that was an interesting first electric drive..!

Anyone else here working with Brindley MG in Cannock? I've had good experience so far, reserving a specific Trophy on 3rd Oct from their "October/EarlyNov" allocation, and today received my Chassis Number and notice it would arrive at the dealer tommorw! Pending updates, PDI, oil leak examination, I should be able to get it hopefully by mid next week! Fingers' crossed!

Anyone else here working with Brindley MG in Cannock? I've had good experience so far, reserving a specific Trophy on 3rd Oct from their "October/EarlyNov" allocation, and today received my Chassis Number and notice it would arrive at the dealer tommorw! Pending updates, PDI, oil leak examination, I should be able to get it hopefully by mid next week! Fingers' crossed!
That sounds unbelievably quick, what colour have you ordered?

I ordered a white trophy 1st October, and told 12 to 16 weeks and to date (only 4 weeks in) not heard a dicky bird from the dealership.

That sounds unbelievably quick, what colour have you ordered?

I ordered a white trophy 1st October, and told 12 to 16 weeks and to date (only 4 weeks in) not heard a dicky bird from the dealership.
Camden Gray, but to be clear I did not order one. Instead, a salesperson posted on an MG4 Facebook Group the specific trim/color of cars that had been assigned to their dealership for their Late Oct/Early Nov "allocation". As soon as I saw that, I quickly called called and was able to reserve the specific car I wanted from that allocation. My understand is these allocations are not connected to existing orders-- they are monthly stock they can offer to sell. Does that make sense?

Camden Gray, but to be clear I did not order one. Instead, a salesperson posted on an MG4 Facebook Group the specific trim/color of cars that had been assigned to their dealership for their Late Oct/Early Nov "allocation". As soon as I saw that, I quickly called called and was able to reserve the specific car I wanted from that allocation. My understand is these allocations are not connected to existing orders-- they are monthly stock they can offer to sell. Does that make sense?
Exactly the same with me ... the dealer had a screen of cars expected into stock and I chose one of them. (Still waiting on delivery though - I suspect mine was on the boat that docked on the 21st).

Edit: I was checking my order form and notice that the VIN is actually listed on it. :)

Last edited:
Could be a red-herring but I can see the Triumph Ace is just being pulled into Portbury Docks, its came from Lianyungang, left China on 24th September.
Fingers crossed for some MGs onboard 🤞

Ordered a blue trophy on the 10th October.
Was told the standard 16 weeks. I seriously doubt it.

Anyone taken delivery on a blue trophy?

It is all about the colour-model combination you ordered and what they are producing in the factory. I ordered a white Trophy at the end of September and was told then to expect it in January.
I think its more about all the orange paint they bought in, and we have to wait till they've run out before we get ours :) - I asked for a grey, red or white trophy in early September, if it goes the 16 weeks the dealer has stuck to then that will be Boxing Day but I'm not holding my breath...

Interesting thought, I'd probably agree - if it wasn't for the fact I ordered an orange trophy back in August with still no sign of it....
Same here, ordered an orange trophy mid sept, still do not know, when it will arrive, dealer updates me every 2 weeks or so, with still no news sorry.

What is... "updates"? :unsure:
It seems likely that cars already in the UK are being delayed to get the oil leak remedied. So it's difficult to judge what the flow should/would/will be. I suspect we'll see something more like normal throughput in a couple of weeks.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 535 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back