New MG4 Shipment?

Software update for the car hasn't registered with MG servers 🙄

The dealership is placing a "Snow case" with MG, currently carless and annoyed.

I am in the same boat here. Ordered 30th October, Was told mid Feb, Now mid May however I know now that's not happening as it hasn't even got a build slot yet.

Luckily I said I would like to have it for the kids school holidays as my only target so here is hoping.
Now had an email through today saying it’s already been built and is sitting in the UK port waiting on delivery to my dealer by early May. They then hope to have it ready for mid May.

Will be pretty happy if that’s the case.

Now had an email through today saying it’s already been built and is sitting in the UK port waiting on delivery to my dealer by early May. They then hope to have it ready for mid May.

That does seem to be par for the course with their systems. I'm getting mine through a lease company on salary sacrifice and the status still shows 'released from factory' even though its arriving at the dealer on Saturday

That’s great news 👍

That does seem to be par for the course with their systems. I'm getting mine through a lease company on salary sacrifice and the status still shows 'released from factory' even though its arriving at the dealer on Saturday
I’m getting mine through a lease company but they won’t give the dealership details so I can’t get any info from those either. I’ll just have to wait patiently.

I’m getting mine through a lease company but they won’t give the dealership details so I can’t get any info from those either. I’ll just have to wait patiently.
I'm going through Tusker and they seem to use the same dealer for all the MG orders

I’m going through Octopus, they seem to have little correspondence with MG to the point where they’ve now stopped future orders on their website 😬
I saw that in another forum. I think MGs deliveries are going to get worse for the UK for a while soon rather than better. With the anticipated uptake of the MG4 in Australia I have a suspicion that a lot of stock will be diverted to that market and why wouldn't they it's right on their doorstep so factory to dealership is quicker and cheaper

I've gone through Arval, ordered late Nov, after some chasing up this week I've been told it's on a ship that's suppose to dock late next week. I asked them what's their average turnaround from docks to delivery but didn't get an answer!

I've gone through Arval, ordered late Nov, after some chasing up this week I've been told it's on a ship that's suppose to dock late next week. I asked them what's their average turnaround from docks to delivery but didn't get an answer!
Mine was a couple of weeks from Portbury to Perry's Preston, fingers crossed it won't be too long

The Galaxy Ace is due to dock at Portbury on Mon 1st May - thats the ship I think mine is on (based on pure detective work).

The Galaxy Ace is due to dock at Portbury on Mon 1st May - thats the ship I think mine is on (based on pure detective work).
If it is an end of May delivery is probable . Mine was on the last boat that docked on 3rd April, it will be at the dealers this Saturday 22nd and I've been told I should be able to pick it up on the 28th

Was hoping to have it by the 22nd for a jaunt up to Filey so I could test the range & suitability for short family holidays. With previous holidays there the missus has managed to fill the car & a roof box to the gills

My Tusker order is being supplied by a dealer in Wales so there may well be more than one supplier.
Makes sense that Tusker use a different ones for Wales, England and Scotland. Perrys, my supplying dealer only has dealerships in England by the looks of their website

Last edited:
Well that’s debatable but yea they must get deals through various suppliers as I’ve just seen the trophy come up on tusker again as nearly arriving with three different prices.
I'm in Essex and my dealership through Tusker is near Bristol, what's yours called?

I'm in Essex and my dealership through Tusker is near Bristol, what's yours called?
I'm being dealt with by Perrys at their Preston Branch along with 12 others from the company I work for and we are based all around the UK.

Guess I was wrong with my original assumption that Tusker were exclusive with Perrys to supply their MG fleet, they must shop around and block order from multiple dealers

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 543 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back