New MG4 Shipment?

Been reading this forum for a while. Finally registered. Ordered an Orange MG Trophy 6/12/23. Also had problems with the dealership giving false expectations. Originally told that delivery would be end of March, then end of April. Last spoke to the dealership last Friday. "We've got some good news", followed by "oh and there's some bad too". "The good news is that your car has been built, the bad news is that it is still in China and will take about 8 weeks to get here." Now looking at July delivery. The dealership have been so opaque through this process. I would be a lot happier if they were a bit more honest and forthcoming, and maybe a bit more proactive!

I get envious of those that have access to systems that give them progress reports! I won't even know which ship the car is on to work out its arrival on UK soil!

I am looking forward to the MG4 arriving, but the waiting is excruciating! Can you tell?

Been reading this forum for a while. Finally registered. Ordered an Orange MG Trophy 6/12/23.
You ordered in the future? That's impressive 😉

Also had problems with the dealership giving false expectations. Originally told that delivery would be end of March, then end of April. Last spoke to the dealership last Friday. "We've got some good news", followed by "oh and there's some bad too". "The good news is that your car has been built, the bad news is that it is still in China and will take about 8 weeks to get here." Now looking at July delivery. The dealership have been so opaque through this process. I would be a lot happier if they were a bit more honest and forthcoming, and maybe a bit more proactive!

I get envious of those that have access to systems that give them progress reports! I won't even know which ship the car is on to work out its arrival on UK soil!

Bear in mind often the dealership don't get the information themselves so being opaque might well be because they aren't receiving the information they need.
I am looking forward to the MG4 arriving, but the waiting is excruciating! Can you tell?
It is worth waiting for.

Last spoke to the dealership last Friday. "We've got some good news", followed by "oh and there's some bad too". "The good news is that your car has been built, the bad news is that it is still in China and will take about 8 weeks to get here."
When my dealer phoned me and told me it's at the docks I asked "Which one? Shanghai or Bristol" he went silent for a moment before saying "UK".

When my dealer phoned me and told me it's at the docks I asked "Which one? Shanghai or Bristol" he went silent for a moment before saying "UK".
You scared him 😆

My MG4 was delivered this morning (will post pics a bit later)!

Sadly no Type 2 cable provided, I will ask tusker about that since others with the same car in my company have gotten one, but for now any recommendations on a cable I could order?

Sadly no Type 2 cable provided, I will ask tusker about that since others with the same car in my company have gotten one, but for now any recommendations on a cable I could order?
My dealer said it was coming with a type 2 even though MG normally supply granny charger. Did you get mats and the rest of the 'Tusker Pack'?

My dealer said it was coming with a type 2 even though MG normally supply granny charger. Did you get mats and the rest of the 'Tusker Pack'?
Got the mats, tusker pack and granny cable. On the phone with them now to see if I can get a Type 2 cable.

Awesome, hope all's well.

Got the mats, tusker pack and granny cable. On the phone with them now to see if I can get a Type 2 cable.
I was told by Perry's that the Tusker pack should include a Type 2 cable.

Awesome, hope all's well.

I was told by Perry's that the Tusker pack should include a Type 2 cable.
You scared him 😆

That was me I believe, as I was surprised to get one. I wasn’t sure if it was part of the Tusker pack or I was just lucky

It seems that tusker is providing the cables as standard, my colleague who got the same car was given one. Waiting on a call back from tusker who are trying to reach the dealership.

I think my car is on this ship and is now on her way to blighty 🥳
Screenshot_2023-04-22-18-58-53-079_com.android.chrome.jpg

I thought mine was on that ship but I asked the Leaseplan dealer to confirm and they told me it’s already in the UK - expecting it to me mid-May.

Not sure I believe them though. 🤔

I've had a set of mud flaps & sill protectors sat it my kitchen since January ready for fitting and I've been chomping at the bit to get the car so I can measure the battery tray to buy the biggest one that'll fit. Not to mention the gap between the fenders and tyre wall so I can order the correct wheel spacers

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 535 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back