New MG4 Shipment?

Well mine didn't turn up at the dealer on the 22nd so delivery date has rolled over to the 29th. As MG don't deliver to dealers on a Saturday that either means it will arrive by the end of this week or early next. Either way looks like I'm now going to collect in the 1st or 2nd week in May

Well mine didn't turn up at the dealer on the 22nd so delivery date has rolled over to the 29th. As MG don't deliver to dealers on a Saturday that either means it will arrive by the end of this week or early next. Either way looks like I'm now going to collect in the 1st or 2nd week in May
Don't forget that Monday is a bank holiday, so you probably won't get it then, either.

The 8th is one too - Charlie's getting his sparkly hat that weekend.
So it is - I thought they were going to make the Friday (5th) the extra holiday but I was obviously mistaken.

(One of the foibles of being retired - every day is a bank holiday) 😂

So it is - I thought they were going to make the Friday (5th) the extra holiday but I was obviously mistaken.

(One of the foibles of being retired - every day is a bank holiday) 😂
The only times we get bank holidays on a Friday are Easter and maybe at Xmas, Boxing Day or New Years if it falls on a Friday.
The country seems to prefer Mondays at it allows for longer hangovers. 🍾🤒

It seems to be very variable. I went in saying that my car was taxed till the end of August and MOTed till 23rd November and that was my absolute bottom line on needing a new car. It turned out they had exactly the car I wanted sitting waiting for a buyer, and would 17th April suit you madam? That later got revised to 13th April. The dealer said they were selling about two a week so they ordered them on spec, knowing that they wouldn't be left with them on their hands.

Having said that, I haven't yet seen another one on the road round here.

It seems to be very variable. I went in saying that my car was taxed till the end of August and MOTed till 23rd November and that was my absolute bottom line on needing a new car. It turned out they had exactly the car I wanted sitting waiting for a buyer, and would 17th April suit you madam? That later got revised to 13th April. The dealer said they were selling about two a week so they ordered them on spec, knowing that they wouldn't be left with them on their hands.

Having said that, I haven't yet seen another one on the road round here.
In the last week I've see a Blue Trophy on the road in Richmond and a Black Trophy parked in Hammersmith. Also seen a Camden Grey one in the local Private Hire rental company compound but not seen that on the road yet.

I'm a bit out in the sticks. I suspect the cars the Edinburgh dealer is selling are mainly going into Edinburgh itself.
True, not many about where you are. I remember passing through often when returning home to Haymarket when I had been in Biggar for the weekend

The only times we get bank holidays on a Friday are Easter and maybe at Xmas, Boxing Day or New Years if it falls on a Friday.
The country seems to prefer Mondays at it allows for longer hangovers. 🍾🤒
The Queen's last jubilee had the May Day bank holiday on the Friday rather than the Monday. That's because the jubilee was on Thursday and an extra bank holiday was given for that, so the May Day holiday was moved to enable a 4-day weekend. That's why I'd thought similar may happen this time. :)

I read that as "Queen's coronation" and instantly thought "blimey, no wonder @siteguru is retired, good memory from 1953!".... then I realised that you are talking about the recent jubilees! 🤣
78271536.jpg

Good news at last, my dealer says my Volcano Orange Long range MG4 trophy is now showing as "built awaiting carrier" and is confident It should be ready for delivery in June. Originally ordered 20th October.
To be fair if it is still in China they may be being optimistic for you to get it in June.
Mine is on a ship now and delivery is expected to be July

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 538 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel