Next years facelift ZS EV

Paulie68

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Has anyone else seen this yet? Looks like we get to keep the current grille whilst getting a unique new bumper style and bigger battery. New power train too...

New-MG-ZS-EV-facelift-front-quarters-rendering-1024x640.jpg

More here:

Has anyone else seen this yet? Looks like we get to keep the current grille whilst getting a unique new bumper style and bigger battery. New power train too...

View attachment 3584

More here:

It's only a render for now
But it could be very similar
The increased range would be nice too

I'd rather have a different grill, the current one is a pig to clean.
Not fussed about front fogs, but love the fact that the headlamps will be LED, would be nice if they were adaptive.
The whole thing seems a bit vague about the battery though, is it going to be the 73kWh one that was mentioned a while ago or are they going to tweak something with the current battery to extend the range, as they say they are doing in India. :unsure:
If it's a 73kWh one, put me down for some of that, it should extend the range by about 65% to 260miles WLTP, perfect for the odd day trip to the coast without having the need to worry about charging en route. 👍

I'd rather have a different grill, the current one is a pig to clean.
Not fussed about front fogs, but love the fact that the headlamps will be LED, would be nice if they were adaptive.
The whole thing seems a bit vague about the battery though, is it going to be the 73kWh one that was mentioned a while ago or are they going to tweak something with the current battery to extend the range, as they say they are doing in India. :unsure:
If it's a 73kWh one, put me down for some of that, it should extend the range by about 65% to 260miles WLTP, perfect for the odd day trip to the coast without having the need to worry about charging en route. 👍
Whoever designed the grill clearly never tried to clean it

Yep that Grille is a pain to clean the bug spatter from :(
This is the easy way to clean it, drive down the road to the nearest shut petrol forecourt, about 10 blokes jump out of a tatty garden shed, run round your car like mad people splashing water and other liquids, you give them £10 and hey presto the grill is clean.

I cant wait for it to come out in the UK......I'll be first in the queue.....

So when they come out, if anyone is looking for a good low mileage Red car, waxoyled from new, always garaged and well cared for ....at about £17 K ......it will be available. ;)

This is the easy way to clean it, drive down the road to the nearest shut petrol forecourt, about 10 blokes jump out of a tatty garden shed, run round your car like mad people splashing water and other liquids, you give them £10 and hey presto the grill is clean.
The grill is the reason I do this. (y)

Love it 🤣 !.
Are these people likely to be some of our continental cousins by any chance ?.
They are like a fast food drive through, but without the gift in the meal box !.
A quick turnaround okay, but I shy aware from this type of cleaning service, it gives me a cold shiver down my back, when I think about the affects on my paintwork.
I am officially an O.A.P. this year and nobody has ever washed ANY of my cars other than myself.
When the car goes in for service, it is in the best condition that I ( at my age ) can get it.
This avoids even the dealer washing it !.
Automated car washes are the Devil’s 😈 own work.

Good way to get paintwork scratched and various corrosion damages to trim and other parts over time from too concentrated use of TFR as well. My advice is never do this!

Ive got the tatty garden shed but can't seem to get 10 blokes to jump out of it and wash the car...:unsure:

Love it 🤣 !.
Are these people likely to be some of our continental cousins by any chance ?.
They are like a fast food drive through, but without the gift in the meal box !.
A quick turnaround okay, but I shy aware from this type of cleaning service, it gives me a cold shiver down my back, when I think about the affects on my paintwork.
I am officially an O.A.P. this year and nobody has ever washed ANY of my cars other than myself.
When the car goes in for service, it is in the best condition that I ( at my age ) can get it.
This avoids even the dealer washing it !.
Automated car washes are the Devil’s 😈 own work.
It’s the £10 I’m more worried about! It’s a bit cheaper than that up North!

Good way to get paintwork scratched and various corrosion damages to trim and other parts over time from too concentrated use of TFR as well. My advice is never do this!
I don't know if it's just luck, but I've been using them for years and never had any scratches or damage. TFR tends not to do as much damage if your car is well waxed and if it is damaging or they're using it too strong then they are not one of the best ones (see below).
The trick is to find a good one, the best ones are always busy but worth the wait, the rubbish ones don't normally have queues. ;)

As far as the 2022 proposed facelift I think it’s a pity that MG didn’t go a bit further with it - if indeed that is similar to the car that will be produced. It does of course makes sense to use the already facelifted ICE version as the platform. I suppose it helps keep the price competitive - lets see if it’s still such good value. If it packs a larger battery and improves on the existing model that will be excellent though.

View attachment 3584

More here:

Gossip? So apparently:

Facelift MG ZS EV is due September (2021) with a much greater battery range (72kwh) 275 miles? Then in 2022 there will be a lower range (52kwh) 220 mile range version available. And an app!

UPDATE
The Charge flap is side hinged and the charging sockets are where the blank section is in the existing ZS to the left of the current sockets.

Battery packs will be 52 and 72 kwh

MG 5 facelift version due this year

MG Marvel due in UK 2023, but a newdesign/existing model facelifted?

Examples of these versions apart from ZS EV facelift lower range version are in the UK being evaluated and shown to some sales personnel. Interesting busy couple of years for MG ...

View attachment 3584

More here:

View attachment 3584

More here:

Gossip? So apparently:

Facelift MG ZS EV is due September (2021) with a much greater battery range (72kwh) 275 miles? Then in 2022 there will be a lower range (52kwh) 220 mile range version available. And an app!

UPDATE
The Charge flap is side hinged and the charging sockets are where the blank section is in the existing ZS to the left of the current sockets.

Battery packs will be 52 and 72 kwh

MG 5 facelift version due this year

MG Marvel due in UK 2023, but a newdesign/existing model facelifted?

Examples of these versions apart from ZS EV facelift lower range version are in the UK being evaluated and shown to some sales personnel. Interesting busy couple of years for MG ...

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom