Octopus Electric Universe

AussiePete

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Folks, I can't see it mentioned so thought it worth a post. Octopus Energy provide access to an EV charge card called Electric Universe.

It's like most other cards, but it has access to a wide range of charge providers and it can be setup so that the cost of charging can be taken from your Octopus energy account if you have one (good if you have a credit balance).

Free to join, backed by Octopus, RFID card and app available

Screenshot_20220915-183255.png

Hi, quite a bit about it on here.

Folks, I can't see it mentioned so thought it worth a post. Octopus Energy provide access to an EV charge card called Electric Universe.

It's like most other cards, but it has access to a wide range of charge providers and it can be setup so that the cost of charging can be taken from your Octopus energy account if you have one (good if you have a credit balance).

Free to join, backed by Octopus, RFID card and app available

View attachment 10939
It's their new name for what was called Electric Juice.

Have you used it? Do you get preferential rates or is it just the convenience of using one card and it being connected to your energy account? Have the card and app but haven't used it yet. But then i think they have added other networks since i last looked.

Have you used it? Do you get preferential rates or is it just the convenience of using one card and it being connected to your energy account? Have the card and app but haven't used it yet. But then i think they have added other networks since i last looked.
Just a convenience.

There's a few advantages to using Electric Universe or similar:

• It's slightly cheaper for some tariffs - you get 5% off Ionity's standard rate, for example.
  • Some places take a hefty deposit if you pay with a debit card and refund you several days later. You don't get that with Electric Juice/Universe.
  • If you're going to some European countries, you have to use cards or apps that require you to be resident in those countries. EJ/U let's you get around that.
  • I don't use much, if at all, but it's handy to have the card in the car to use in case you forget your wallet.

Coincidentally I signed up for this last week. The card still says Electric Juice, not that it matters or I'm bothered!

The Go and Go faster rates are outside of the cap as they are fixed tariffs. My Gas rates are going up as they are on a variable tariff.

I have one single card that works at every single petrol station, every supermarket and almost every single shop. I just wonder why I can't simply use that at every single charging point.

I have one single card that works at every single petrol station, every supermarket and almost every single shop. I just wonder why I can't simply use that at every single charging point.
You can with most.

Because some of the older one's don't have the hardware to do it.......unfortunately.

Howdy all. I was wondering if anyone has used the Electric Universe card supplied by Octopus Energy? Have you made any savings using it? Is it easy to use?

Howdy all. I was wondering if anyone has used the Electric Universe card supplied by Octopus Energy? Have you made any savings using it? Is it easy to use?
Yes successfully used mine last Friday on my journey from Essex to Welshpool. I used it on Ionity at Milton Keynes Coachway both ways. 69p /kWh Ionity app, 63p /kWh Elecroverse Card worked instantly on reader recognised and good charge obtained. I had a free £10 to use which I received when I renewed my Octopus GO last month. I must be honest and say when on long journeys I don't consider the price just the availability and convenience on the journey. I charge at home at all other times. 👴

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom