Octopus Intelligent Go

Hi everyone,

I received notification from Octopus yesterday that the Zappi myenergi EV charger is now compatible with the Intelligent Octopus Go EV tariff. So I have just gone through the Octopus set-up process and received confirmation that I have fully switched over to the tariff.

On the Octopus iPhone App there is now an extra tab called "devices" where the EV smart charging schedule can be viewed.

On the Zappi myenergi iPhone App do I have to select "stop" on the charging mode and remove the schedule for boost settings? Do I need to do this to allow Intelligent Octopus Go to take full control of charging my EV?

Thank you.

On the zappi app, remove any schedules and leave it on eco+
I have done this (thank you) and now on the Octopus app it says the following (see screenshot) yet my car is not charging despite it stating it should be?

IMG_1189.png

If only, been with octopus 6 weeks and still can’t give me a date
I got my Octopus Intelligent tariff 10 weeks after Octopus installed Ohme charger. I had smart meters before the switch to Octopus. Good news is that they charge me with Octopus Intelligent tariff from day 1 of installation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just had a Zappi installed and switched to Octopus Intelligent Go tariff. Set up all ok and I have a charging schedule. What settings (specifically please) do I need to make to both the Zappi and the MG Smart app. Currently the car refuses to charge unless I tell it to charge from the app or in the car. Do i need to do anything to get it to work with the intelligent Octopus Go tariff please??

Not thought about that - I tend to plug in then lock the car I think (and can hear the charge cable lock act then too).

In the Zappi itself on the menus on the lock settings page, I have set Charge to On, so the lock function locks the screen (it just displays the code entry screen) but the zappi doesn’t need to be unlocked to charge. When plugged in, in the MyEnergi app the car shows a “pause” icon then as opposed to a lock.

Because what you are claiming and what is listed seem miles apart. Of course you dont have to but most people on here try to help each ot
Because what you are claiming and what is listed seem miles apart. Of course you dont have to but most people on here try to help each other.
Tracker

Aye, so that doesnt give you that rate throughout and completely blows away your earlier statement:-

"The tariff is only good if you don't mind paying the exorbitant daytime rate premium of 12p/kWh on top of their other tariffs, "

Your post seems somewhat misleading rather than helpful to be honest.

Aye, so that doesnt give you that rate throughout and completely blows away your earlier statement:-

"The tariff is only good if you don't mind paying the exorbitant daytime rate premium of 12p/kWh on top of their other tariffs, "

Your post seems somewhat misleading rather than helpful to be honest.
What on Earth are you talking about? I write in plain terms. You seem to have some kind of agenda that is unhelpful. End. I am no longer responding to this nonsense.

Wrong. My rate with Octopus is now 13p/kWh so the premium stays extant. Simple arithmetic.
I believe the point trying to be made here is that your tariff isn't consistently 12ish p better value than the intelligent go tarriff discussed here. It's up and down, the margin presumably varies, sometimes higher sometimes lower. From a very quick read (I'm not suggesting this is frequent or a big issue) but the peak price is 100p/kWh... 69p dearer than Intelligent go day rate. I'm not suggesting this occurs with any frequency to be concerning, merely making the point.
If it works for you then great 👍

Presumably you are able to utilise the cheaper charging periods on the tracker tarriff, but predictability/simplicity is perhaps of more value for others?

Last edited by a moderator:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom