Octopus Energy, Joined on 12th October 2022, using my MG4 to power the house, 3.5kWh electricity purchased over the last three days.

eric cire

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
1665842154147.png

1 - are you just using the V2L of the car to do it rather than the V2G that Octopus has tested recently? If so, how are you connecting that much stuff to the car?
2 - How are you powering the car? I get using it as a battery by charging for cheap overnight and then powering the home, but that looks like you haven't charged the car unless it was done before the 12th and not used for anything else since

1 - are you just using the V2L of the car to do it rather than the V2G that Octopus has tested recently? If so, how are you connecting that much stuff to the car?
2 - How are you powering the car? I get using it as a battery by charging for cheap overnight and then powering the home, but that looks like you haven't charged the car unless it was done before the 12th and not used for anything else since
1 = only V2L on the car
2 = Free electricity provided by work place

What’s the max V2L load that the car will take?

Well done - I have a similar plan for December / Jan (as a back-up) each year mainly, as a top-up for my ESS (I have all the bits, just not tried it as a fully working system todate), and certainly dont want to take that much out of the car - what are you powering from the car? (I have a VE Multiplus II GX & Pylontech batteries - but only have 1 AC-IN, so am thinking of a dual supply transfer switch - can you confirm that you need a 1w 470ohm resistor accross CP & PP on the type 2 plug to enable V2L)

Well done - I have a similar plan for December / Jan (as a back-up) each year mainly, as a top-up for my ESS (I have all the bits, just not tried it as a fully working system todate), and certainly dont want to take that much out of the car - what are you powering from the car? (I have a VE Multiplus II GX & Pylontech batteries - but only have 1 AC-IN, so am thinking of a dual supply transfer switch - can you confirm that you need a 1w 470ohm resistor accross CP & PP on the type 2 plug to enable V2L)
I paid £240.00 for this :

1665851721521.png

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 542 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums