Octopus Go

They told me it was not available yet.
I was on one of E.ONs fixed term Economy 7 tariffs that ended last month and I was offered their EV tariff as an alternative to a flexible Economy 7 one. They had also recently fitted smart meters.
They might be only offering it to existing dual rate customers in certain areas.

Attachments

• IMG_2032.jpeg
    IMG_2032.jpeg
    78.1 KB · Views: 58
Just having a nosey at the upcoming rates for July and am I right in thinking that the premium charge for day time usage has disappeared for Go and we will be paying the same as the price cap set by Ofgem for the standard variable rate. ?
I think I need verification from someone else as this would be very good if true.
Is it because it is a variable rate now, although I am paying 4/5p(ish) above SVR now and that's variable.
These are the figures for the Yorkshire area.

1688026507127.png

This is the average price cap from Ofgem.

1688026633858.png

Can't confirm for 'Go' but for 'Intelligent' it pretty much looks that way
1688026832869.png

Think the flexible tariff in my area is 29.26 so slightly randomly intelligent is less than 0.5p more expensive

EDIT to say notice you are Leeds too, so same rates I imagine

Can't confirm for 'Go' but for 'Intelligent' it pretty much looks that way
View attachment 18622

Think the flexible tariff in my area is 29.26 so slightly randomly intelligent is less than 0.5p more expensive

EDIT to say notice you are Leeds too, so same rates I imagine
I see Octopus are loading up the daily standing charge! British Gas rates attached.

Attachments

• IMG_1789.jpeg
    IMG_1789.jpeg
    201.1 KB · Views: 60
I see Octopus are loading up the daily standing charge! British Gas rates attached.
BG / Octopus standing charge are the same for me:

1688028625993.png

Standing charge on intelligent / go are same as Octopus Flexible (standard tariff) but do vary across country, imagine they map other providers pretty closely (they say rates are largely set by Ofgem blah blah, I'm not a fan of high standing charges but that's a debate in another thread I think!!)
1688028485781.png

I'm genuinely not a shill for Octopus but their EV tariffs do seem ahead of the curve as far as I can see:
-Lowest off-peak rate via Intelligent (7.5p, BG 9.4p, Ovo 10p)
-Longest off-peak hours (6 hours, BG 5 hours, Ovo - is anytime, but only for the car)
-Other leccy not premium rates for 'peak' times (29p, BG 37p, Ovo - to be fair seems their rates are same as price cap too, but not confirmed prices for July (2 days away!!)

These are rates for my area obviously, so may vary.

Everyone needs to do their own calculations but for me expect Octopus to be £300ish cheaper over the year (although that includes £50 bonus for being 'referred'). What I would say is check the standing and unit rates FOR YOUR AREA as they do vary a fair bit.

As opposed to British Gas 'loading up' their peak rate? I'd rather pay 6.21p extra per day (£22.66 per year) than 8.92p kWh extra on peak rate. Use just 1 kWh of peak and the extra is covered.

As opposed to British Gas 'loading up' their peak rate? I'd rather pay 6.21p extra per day (£22.66 per year) than 8.92p kWh extra on peak rate. Use just 1 kWh of peak and the extra is covered.
Are your BG standing rates any cheaper than Octopus? They are identical for me

Are your BG standing rates any cheaper than Octopus? They are identical for me
Standing Charges are independent of supplier, same for everyone in that area/region regardless of who you pay for the electrons.

My point was that NOW I pay a premium, i.e. more than SVR for the privilege of having a cheap rate off-peak. From July 1st it appears I won't be paying a premium.

Standing Charges are independent of supplier, same for everyone in that area/region regardless of who you pay for the electrons.

My point was that NOW I pay a premium, i.e. more than SVR for the privilege of having a cheap rate off-peak. From July 1st it appears I won't be paying a premium.
Yep definitely looks that way (and as I say that seems a key differentiator from the BG offer)

Certainly appears that my IO rate peak rates are the same as the cap now

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom