Octopus Go

My Go rate has dropped to. But you can only compare rates by area. Different area, different day/night and standing charge.

Check your local rate

Thanks but am I missing something as that seems to be current rates, not those from July 1st (sorry my initial question not very clear)
They will only show the current rate. All rates are dropping on the 1st of July, but I think you will have to wait for your email to give you your personal rate. My only change is the day rate from 41.65p to 31.028p

Thanks but am I missing something as that seems to be current rates, not those from July 1st (sorry my initial question not very clear)
My Io dropping to 29.8p day and staying at 7.5p day rate dropped 8.5p, seems variable depending on area between roughly 28.8 and just over 30p

Thanks currently on variable (only just had home charger installed so not on intelligent yet) so seen the drop on the variable (flexible) tariff but not intelligent.

If some are seeing day rates below 30p / kWh that's encouraging 👍

Octopus intelligent is now this for me in Sussex
IMG_2032.jpeg

I agree.
I don't know what the standing charge is really for...
In over 30 years living at my current property, I have never seen any kind of work carried out by ANY electricity supplier.

The standing charge is like a line and pipe rental for the supplies. It pays for maintenance, repairs and upgrades. Without it your supplies might become intermittent and unreliable.

I agree that raising the standing charge was the worst way to handle this because it disproportionately affects the poorest and lowest usage customers.

In my view the standing charge should be abolished, and the rates should be halved for average use and raised above twice average use.

I agree that raising the standing charge was the worst way to handle this because it disproportionately affects the poorest and lowest usage customers.

In my view the standing charge should be abolished, and the rates should be halved for average use and raised above twice average use.
Totally agree. For the life of me I can see how they can justify this current charge, its completely unfair. Yet OFGEM do nothing

Me, I'd give everyone a set amount of free electricity as a citizen's entitlement, and then start charging relatively steeply above that.
You mean give the senior citizen's an allowance to buy electricity with 🤔 Oh wait....isn't that called the winter fuel allowance? 😁

Yes there is winter fuel allowance, but just as what they are trialling right now (pilot groups), £1,600 payment for nothing a month for people, giving people free electricity up to a certain point would be a great benefit rather than just a bunch of cash in potentially irresponsible peoples hands. Especially as we are being 'driven' into EVs'.
I'm sure the 'fat cats' could just forgo a bonus or two to help fund that.

You mean give the senior citizen's an allowance to buy electricity with 🤔 Oh wait....isn't that called the winter fuel allowance? 😁

No, everybody. Basic citizen's entitlement for every single person living in the country. Enough to heat and cook and watch a bit of TV and so on in maybe a modest one-bedroom flat. So nobody would have to go cold or be unable to cook. Want more than that? Pay for it.

I suppose it's a form of citizen's basic income, but in this form it provides a lot of incentive to save energy without crippling the poorest. And since everybody would get it there would be no costly scheme to see who was "entitled" and no stigma to getting the allowance.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom