Ohme home charger tripping

Hi, I put my car on charge last night and discovered this morning it had tripped out. I have tried several times now but when the car locks in the plug it trips out the consumer unit. It has been fine for the last five months. OHME charging point. Has anyone had this problem?
Thanks
Chris
Hi Chris, did you get to the bottom of this and find out why it was tripping? My car went in as it wasn’t charging at all, they changed the charge control unit in the car. My Ohme charger is now tripping when I charge overnight, first time it happened I put it down to the severe weather at the time.

Hi Chris, did you get to the bottom of this and find out why it was tripping? My car went in as it wasn’t charging at all, they changed the charge control unit in the car. My Ohme charger is now tripping when I charge overnight, first time it happened I put it down to the severe weather at the time.
There no reason that severe weather should cause it to trip.

When you say 'it's tripping' what is tripping - the charger itself with a message on the app or display? the MCB feeding it or an RCD device ? A photo of the consumer unit if it's an MCB or RCD that trips would be helpful.

Hi
I got my car back from mg last week after 10 weeks,Not sure what they changed but apparently had to wait for parts and tech advice from China.It got to the point I couldn't charge mine at a public charger without it tripping that's when I realised it was the car.

There no reason that severe weather should cause it to trip.

When you say 'it's tripping' what is tripping - the charger itself with a message on the app or display? the MCB feeding it or an RCD device ? A photo of the consumer unit if it's an MCB or RCD that trips would be helpful.
Tripping the RCD

Hi
I got my car back from mg last week after 10 weeks,Not sure what they changed but apparently had to wait for parts and tech advice from China.It got to the point I couldn't charge mine at a public charger without it tripping that's when I realised it was the car.
Cheers Chris, just hope it isn’t the car again

same combination, no problems ever encountered here - as the Ohme unit is factory sealed, I suspect that you’ll need to contact the installer.

Hi
I got my car back from mg last week after 10 weeks,Not sure what they changed but apparently had to wait for parts and tech advice from China.It got to the point I couldn't charge mine at a public charger without it tripping that's when I realised it was the car

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom