Ohme home charger?

Or commandos grannies. Or perhaps those grannies that are commandos?

I have the Ohme Pro I don’t think about it just plug in set charge to either 80% or 100% and go to bed wake up to what setting I chose. Don’t overthink thing’s just enjoy the car and learn something new everyday
Same here

I have my MG4 on order and I'm trying to decide which charger to buy (and have installed - as per the UK law).

I'm homing in on the Ohme Home Pro but have a few questions.

They say it works best if it can access the vehicle's API and list some of the major manufacturers but not MG. I'm not sure if this is a great disadvantage - does any one have any experience of this?

Are there any chargers out there that can integrate with the MG API?

If I don't get the Ohme, what do you recommend I buy?

Thanks for your help and Happy New Year to all!
Paul

I have my MG4 on order and I'm trying to decide which charger to buy (and have installed - as per the UK law).

They say it works best if it can access the vehicle's API and list some of the major manufacturers but not MG. I'm not sure if this is a great disadvantage - does any one have any experience of this?

Paul
I have the Ohme, I can use the Ome app but usually use the Mg App. It all works fine, but not off the Mg api, which i believe is not yet available to charger manufacturers. Ohme says they hope to get it but when?
Ohme also allows you to set charging directly on the Ohme screen, but I have not used it often. Maybe useful for guests?

With the ohme charger I read you can't set a start or end schedule you jjst say what percentage battery you want at the end of it.

So if I only get 4 hours free overnight I only want to charge it for that 4 hours... so how would you do that with ohme charger?
I have the early version Ohme, yes the set up is frustrating for the first week or two, but as Vipar says, dont over think it, Plug in and forget. My 5p Octopus deal ends in a few weeks so I too am considering the 'Intellegent' package.

I have the Ohme, I can use the Ome app but usually use the Mg App. It all works fine, but not off the Mg api, which i believe is not yet available to charger manufacturers. Ohme says they hope to get it but when?
Ohme also allows you to set charging directly on the Ohme screen, but I have not used it often. Maybe useful for guests?
There is a vulnerability in a lot of manufactures api's that expose the users to hacking of their cars and personal information.

I have a Hypervolt charger and I am very pleased with it. The app allows all sort of configurations for charging, scheduled over times of your choice, plug and charge, mix of grid and solar charging, solar charging only etc.
Provides charging history data etc.
Seems reliable and never had an issue in a year and half of owning it.
You can also change the light display on the front....I use 'Kit... Night Rider'.... Boys & toys :)
I am looking to get a home charger and have been recommended Hypervolt and hope you can help answer a few questions. With the Hypervolt, if more than one car uses it, can you see how much each car used? How is the security managed? Do you know if they offer an untethered model?
Thanks
Nick

With the ohme charger I read you can't set a start or end schedule you jjst say what percentage battery you want at the end of it.

So if I only get 4 hours free overnight I only want to charge it for that 4 hours... so how would you do that with ohme charger?
Select " Do not charge above 7.5 pence" slider in the Ohme app.

Paul
To be honest i was gonna go for it too but they are £1000+.

Instead i went ahead bought a wallbox pulsar plus from amazon for like 450 and got it installed by an NIC certificate holder engineer.

you would lose the gov grant but all this can be sorted in few days.

I am pretty happy with wallbox where you can control your charging preferences over the app.

I am looking to get a home charger and have been recommended Hypervolt and hope you can help answer a few questions. With the Hypervolt, if more than one car uses it, can you see how much each car used? How is the security managed? Do you know if they offer an untethered model?
Thanks
Nick
You cannot differentiate between vehicles, but you can see each session via analytics in the app or energy usage which is by the day.

Security is via the app, you can lock & unlock the charger using the app.

Yes, you can get tethered or untethered. I went for 7m tethered

Paul
Interesting point about UK law although I suspect you mean meeting all relevant regulations regarding the installation of a new EV charger.

I have been watching and studying with interest the regs surrounding earthing systems and was surprised by what a grey area it is. I'm not in any way promoting this company but in my search for answers regarding earthing, I uncovered this post which was informative and did refer to the new Dec 2022 regs regarding safe earthing of EV chargers. Makes good reading. and may help your decision-making.

Paul
I have the home pro for my trophy LR it's works fine .I leave the charger set for 100% and schedule charge for Octopus Go on the MG app .No probs but remember to authorise " plug in"

To be honest i was gonna go for it too but they are £1000+.

Instead i went ahead bought a wallbox pulsar plus from amazon for like 450 and got it installed by an NIC certificate holder engineer.

you would lose the gov grant but all this can be sorted in few days.

I am pretty happy with wallbox where you can control your charging preferences over the app.
How much to install as a guide please, would be greatly appreciated again please.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 498 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back