Ok! We did it, we ordered our MG4. NOW CANCELLED

I see what you are saying, but i'm struggling with the impact on cost effectiveness on seat coverings between left & right hand drive. So not the actual seat, just the covering & colours ?
Different level of adjustment for driver and passenger usually in cars

what a change so far!

there is a lot of potential there with the space. would love if you posted the end result.

(I don't have a driveway so I'll need to live vicariously through you :))
Ok, IF people are interested I will post photos or video as i progress up to installation of the solar panels in this spot on a pergola to shade the MG4 when it comes, and the install of a charge point here.

Maybe in a new thread specifically for this.

As the cars are all made in China, does anyone know why we can't all have the same choices ?
I was surprised that UK doesn't have the option, must be honest if we here in spain didn't have the option, we wouldn't have ordered it as my better half thought the black interior was like a morgue.

Maybe its because the UK is right hand drive and therefore there are less cars going to UK than the all of the left hand drive countries. and therefore they don't think there would be enought orders for that option to make a large enough batch up to when they manufacture the uk versions

Ok, IF people are interested I will post photos or video as i progress up to installation of the solar panels in this spot on a pergola to shade the MG4 when it comes, and the install of a charge point here.

Maybe in a new thread specifically for this.
Yes, i'd be interested to see this. Will your panels provide power to your house or are they solely for the car ? My setup requires 1.4 kwh or greater to be exported before the car is charged from panels.
My house generally runs at about 300w and I have 4.5 kwh of panels with a battery.... but of course I live in the not so sunny UK 🌥️

Yes, i'd be interested to see this. Will your panels provide power to your house or are they solely for the car ? My setup requires 1.4 kwh or greater to be exported before the car is charged from panels.
My house generally runs at about 300w and I have 4.5 kwh of panels with a battery.... but of course I live in the not so sunny UK 🌥️
My intension is to supply the house as well. There are government and EU grants for this at the moment so to get those I think I will need to have an "approved registered expert" install it rather than me. Great if i can find someone who will just sign the bolitin once I've installed it as I did for when I installed the electricity to the house.

After our 2 test drives in Valencia and Alicante, we really liked the MG4.
So after MUCH discussion we have ordered our Luxury Fizzy orange with a grey/white interior.

Will be our first EV and indeed my first brand new car having always bought 2 to 3 year old cars and then kept them for 10 years or more.

But decided time was right for many reasons here in spain and for me the reasons added up to make a new car this time worthwhile. Now just got to wait for it to come.

Ian
Well guys, we have finally run out of patience with MG. We have cancelled our MG4 order. Never have i had such terrible customer service from ANY company before, never! and that is before we even got the car, what would it be like after they have got all the money.

First they told us about 3 months ie end January/february that didn't transpire then said it would be a few months more and we were just about going to book a long holiday to Thailand when they say it wll be here end of march begining of April. So we postpone our plans for Thailand and thought we will get the car first then decide where we will go.

Comes April so my wife asks them when will the car be here as no one had contacted us, he just says, casually, Oh! orange ones didn't arrive, MG are not manufacturing orange at the moment there is a shortage of Orange and in fact all MG4's at the moment. So I sent him a few photos of car carriers loaded with orange MG4 of that actual week, his reply "well I only know what MG tell me".

So we go visit a new MG concessionary near Valencia and ask there, he takes us out to his car lot at the back of the showroom and there are more than 30 MG4's there of all colours including orange (unfortunately no interior with the 2 tone and of course this is now after the 2000 euro price rise) so I ask "are these all ordered", "no", he says "these are just stock you can have which ever one you want" "and the grey 2 tone interior", I ask, "no problem" he says "i can have it here within 8 weeks, I have sold quite a number with the 2 tone" he says.

So they can produce them for stock but cannot be bothered to produce the cars that somebody has ordered and paid for.

So over the next 2 weeks send 5 emails to MG Spains customer service email asking whats going on where is our order, crickets!! no reply not even an auto response.

I ask our dealer what does his crm say about the status of our order "we dont have one" he says. "Every other MG in france, Germany, Uk and Ireland have one to look up the order staus, how can you not have one", I ask. "This is Spain" he says.???????

Go back to website and notice that now there is a whatsapp contact, ok! so try that, WOW! got a reply, he asks for the order so i send him a pdf copy but he also wants my email address as well (orders in my wifes name and email as she gets a disabled discount). Next day get a reply on whatapp my boss says there is no order in your name or email address in our """CRM""" (note CRM so they do have one who would have thought). No you bloody moron, I thought, but as i am usually polite, so politely pointed out that its in my wifes name in the copy of the order i sent him and explained. Oh! he writes ok I will send it of to my bosses.

Crickets for a week, so what is happening i ask, they are working on it he writes. Why can your boss not tell me the status immediately as he did when he used my email, I write. Dion't worry we will not rest until we have your solution he writes. hmmmm! 2 weeks go by crickets so again I write guess what no reply at all since then.

So apart from being infuriated, we decide to go to turkey for a holiday for the next 9 or 10 weeks and decide about the car when we return. Would you believe, as some of you will know, we are in turkey for nearly 3 weeks when my wife gets a text from our MG concessionary to say your car is at the docks here in spain I will have it here in the dealership in 2 to 3 weeks. and will be ready to pick up a few days later. So being excited my wife books a flight back in 3 weeks cutting our 10 week holiday to 6.

Would you believe after all this he then texts to say he has now had the time to looked at it and it is the wrong colour interior its the black one. NOT what we ordered at all.

NOT once in all this time has anybody at MG had the decency to even bother to apologize for the hassle, missed hols etc, not a single person.

So been looking at other cars BYD etc and yesterday drove a Tesla model 3 and have to say it is without doubt far far far superior in every way to the MG4 but we had dismissed it before as it was, when we was test driving cars last year some 10 or 11,000 euros or so more if i remeber correctly.

But now after the price cuts and taking into account my wife will only pay 4% Vat due to her disability and a friend who gave us his tesla code it is in fact only 2170 euros more for US (remember we ordered before the 2000 euro price rise), so really now it is a no brainer and more so for a new customer order as effectively the price differenc for them is probable less than 1500 euros.

Also I noticed that Spain has NO tesla model 3's as stock for sale, normally they have plenty but still has many of the other models in stock for sale and i noticed yesterday that suddenly there is about 9 tesla model 3 demonstrtors for sale.

So I think that they have cleared their stock and are getting rid of there demonstrators as I think the next shipment to spain will be of the new facelift model 3 (highland), especially as the guy in the tesla centre told us they have put of the next shipment to October/November, instead of the normal August/September. If am reading it right a definately no brainer if we get the new facelift model instead.

So maybe things will work out for the better and I might be actually thanking MG for being such AxxxxxxxS.

So bye bye MG hello Tesla, wouldn't recommend MG to my worse enemy, seeya guys

Last edited:
My intension is to supply the house as well. There are government and EU grants for this at the moment so to get those I think I will need to have an "approved registered expert" install it rather than me. Great if i can find someone who will just sign the bolitin once I've installed it as I did for when I installed the electricity to the house.
Yeah good luck with that. I applied in Nov 2021 for the next Gen EU grants for PV and none of Spain's autonomous region are paying out as of yet.

Well guys, we have finally run out of patience with MG. We have cancelled our MG4 order. Never have i had such terrible customer service from ANY company before, never! and that is before we even got the car, what would it be like after they have got all the money.

First they told us about 3 months ie end January/february that didn't transpire then said it would be a few months more and we were just about going to book a long holiday to Thailand when they say it wll be here end of march begining of April. So we postpone our plans for Thailand and thought we will get the car first then decide where we will go.

Comes April so my wife asks them when will the car be here as no one had contacted us, he just says, casually, Oh! orange ones didn't arrive, MG are not manufacturing orange at the moment there is a shortage of Orange and in fact all MG4's at the moment. So I sent him a few photos of car carriers loaded with orange MG4 of that actual week, his reply "well I only know what MG tell me".

So we go visit a new MG concessionary near Valencia and ask there, he takes us out to his car lot at the back of the showroom and there are more than 30 MG4's there of all colours including orange (unfortunately no interior with the 2 tone and of course this is now after the 2000 euro price rise) so I ask "are these all ordered", "no", he says "these are just stock you can have which ever one you want" "and the grey 2 tone interior", I ask, "no problem" he says "i can have it here within 8 weeks, I have sold quite a number with the 2 tone" he says.

So they can produce them for stock but cannot be bothered to produce the cars that somebody has ordered and paid for.

So over the next 2 weeks send 5 emails to MG Spains customer service email asking whats going on where is our order, crickets!! no reply not even an auto response.

I ask our dealer what does his crm say about the status of our order "we dont have one" he says. "Every other MG in france, Germany, Uk and Ireland have one to look up the order staus, how can you not have one", I ask. "This is Spain" he says.???????

Go back to website and notice that now there is a whatsapp contact, ok! so try that, WOW! got a reply, he asks for the order so i send him a pdf copy but he also wants my email address as well (orders in my wifes name and email as she gets a disabled discount). Next day get a reply on whatapp my boss says there is no order in your name or email address in our """CRM""" (note CRM so they do have one who would have thought). No you bloody moron, I thought, but as i am usually polite, so politely pointed out that its in my wifes name in the copy of the order i sent him and explained. Oh! he writes ok I will send it of to my bosses.

Crickets for a week, so what is happening i ask, they are working on it he writes. Why can your boss not tell me the status immediately as he did when he used my email, I write. Dion't worry we will not rest until we have your solution he writes. hmmmm! 2 weeks go by crickets so again I write guess what no reply at all since then.

So apart from being infuriated, we decide to go to turkey for a holiday for the next 9 or 10 weeks and decide about the car when we return. Would you believe, as some of you will know, we are in turkey for nearly 3 weeks when my wife gets a text from our MG concessionary to say your car is at the docks here in spain I will have it here in the dealership in 2 to 3 weeks. and will be ready to pick up a few days later. So being excited my wife books a flight back in 3 weeks cutting our 10 week holiday to 6.

Would you believe after all this he then texts to say he has now had the time to looked at it and it is the wrong colour interior its the black one. NOT what we ordered at all.

NOT once in all this time has anybody at MG had the decency to even bother to apologize for the hassle, missed hols etc, not a single person.

So been looking at other cars BYD etc and yesterday drove a Tesla model 3 and have to say it is without doubt far far far superior in every way to the MG4 but we had dismissed it before as it was, when we was test driving cars last year some 10 or 11,000 euros or so more if i remeber correctly.

But now after the price cuts and taking into account my wife will only pay 4% Vat due to her disability and a friend who gave us his tesla code it is in fact only 2170 euros more for US (remember we ordered before the 2000 euro price rise), so really now it is a no brainer and more so for a new customer order as effectively the price differenc for them is probable less than 1500 euros.

Also I noticed that Spain has NO tesla model 3's as stock for sale, normally they have plenty but still has many of the other models in stock for sale and i noticed yesterday that suddenly there is about 9 tesla model 3 demonstrtors for sale.

So I think that they have cleared their stock and are getting rid of there demonstrators as I think the next shipment to spain will be of the new facelift model 3 (highland), especially as the guy in the tesla centre told us they have put of the next shipment to October/November, instead of the normal August/September. If am reading it right a definately no brainer if we get the new facelift model instead.

So maybe things will work out for the better and I might be actually thanking MG for being such AxxxxxxxS.

So bye bye MG hello Tesla, wouldn't recommend MG to my worse enemy, seeya guys
Wow. I am glad none of this happened to us. We also ordered from Alicanti in November 22 and received the car late March. The service was great all the way through. I also used the WhatsApp to talk to the dealer over questions we needed answers too and the guy was polite and got back to us within a few days. Since we took delivery the car has been hassle free (apart from the usual LKA issues). 17000kms now. I guess you have to be lucky to get through the hassle of buying a car. By the way - Valencia plan moves 3 still haven’t paid out yet but…. This is Spain! Everything takes ages. Lol. Good luck with your Tesla.

We pick up ours (orange) on Tuesday after waiting over 9 months, can concur that the lack of information from all parts of MG nearly made us change our minds, ( there is a much longer story here ) but we are now receiving a Phase 2 model with an additional 2000 E grant and the dealer is keeping the 2022 original selling price, so for us patience has paid off but I can understand your frustration and anger.

Last edited:
I suspect most of the problem was to do with the lighter interior being less common than the black and MG probably had a backlog for it.

I suspect most of the problem was to do with the lighter interior being less common than the black and MG probably had a backlog for it.
Yes, people also had long delays waiting for the SE LR at the start as it was by far the least popular version.

If you want your car quickly it pays not to be fussy about the colour or spec.

Yeah good luck with that. I applied in Nov 2021 for the next Gen EU grants for PV and none of Spain's autonomous region are paying out as of yet.
Yes that incentive depended on the EU NOT running out of the budget for it which it did quite some time ago, I don't think very many people actually got paid out with that incentive even in its early fase. I don't think that was administered by any of the autonomous regions it was direct with the EU.

But the other incentives by the Spanish government and managed by the autonomous regions are being paid out although its probable a year or 2 later, depending on when you install and register. As these incentives are claimed in your declaración de Renta which you have to do before june every year for the previous year. But they won't reflect it till the next year. But of course if you do not declare even zero then you will not get the incentive.
There is also a local incentive depending on your local ayuntamiento which will be between 30 or 40% of your IBI you pay each year on your property. In my case in Valencia and my local ayuntamiento is 50% of my yearly ibi for 10 years. so for me thats 3000 euros

Wow. I am glad none of this happened to us. We also ordered from Alicanti in November 22 and received the car late March. The service was great all the way through. I also used the WhatsApp to talk to the dealer over questions we needed answers too and the guy was polite and got back to us within a few days. Since we took delivery the car has been hassle free (apart from the usual LKA issues). 17000kms now. I guess you have to be lucky to get through the hassle of buying a car. By the way - Valencia plan moves 3 still haven’t paid out yet but…. This is Spain! Everything takes ages. Lol. Good luck with your Tesla.
I also visited Alicante (as i am half way between alicante and valencia) when I was testing the MG4 unfortunately Alicante wasn't exactly trueful to me so gave them a miss and ordered from valencia.

yes it also gets paid in your declaración de Renta so its the year after you make the declation.

we
We pick up ours (orange) on Tuesday after waiting over 9 months, can concur that the lack of information from all parts of MG nearly made us change our minds, ( there is a much longer story here ) but we are now receiving a Phase 2 model with an additional 2000 E grant and the dealer is keeping the 2022 original selling price, so for us patience has paid off but I can understand your frustration and anger.
Well ours has now been 10 months and the dealers is saying he has to reorder the car again as it was the wrong colour delivered for our order and he also is saying he doesn't know how long it will take for the new order maybe 2 months, I have no confidence that that is any where near true and i can see another 10 months with maybe the wrong colour or something else delivered wrong. Didn't even apoligize or say we are putting this on priority.

I got the feeling that he couldn't care less.

Its not even just the fact that its late or even an error. Its the fact that we have been lied to multiple times which has caused us to change decisions about our holiday plans etc one cannot get ones time back.

And especially no answer to emails from MG at all what happens in future when you have a problem and the latest conversation with their whatsapp just lies and bullshit and then no reply when you ask why they haven't given me answers. Sorry not a company I will recommend to any body

I am sure it will be a less popular option due to 650 euro more but its not exactly an expensive option and 3 dealers told me that it is actualy quite popular and they sell quite a number with this option, also the dealer i visited who had 30 or so mg4's in stock told me that he had already sold all the 2 tone from this delivery already thats why there wasn't any when i visited.

So no I do not believe that is the reason and none told me they had a backlog of 2 tone I did indeed ask

Yes, people also had long delays waiting for the SE LR at the start as it was by far the least popular version.

If you want your car quickly it pays not to be fussy about the colour or spec.
I am sure that is true to an extent, but as my previous reply to @Kithmo I do not believe that is the reason in this case

Yes that incentive depended on the EU NOT running out of the budget for it which it did quite some time ago, I don't think very many people actually got paid out with that incentive even in its early fase. I don't think that was administered by any of the autonomous regions it was direct with the EU.

But the other incentives by the Spanish government and managed by the autonomous regions are being paid out although its probable a year or 2 later, depending on when you install and register. As these incentives are claimed in your declaración de Renta which you have to do before june every year for the previous year. But they won't reflect it till the next year. But of course if you do not declare even zero then you will not get the incentive.
There is also a local incentive depending on your local ayuntamiento which will be between 30 or 40% of your IBI you pay each year on your property. In my case in Valencia and my local ayuntamiento is 50% of my yearly ibi for 10 years. so for me thats 3000 euros

I also visited Alicante (as i am half way between alicante and valencia) when I was testing the MG4 unfortunately Alicante wasn't exactly trueful to me so gave them a miss and ordered from valencia.

yes it also gets paid in your declaración de Renta so its the year after you make the declation.

we

Well ours has now been 10 months and the dealers is saying he has to reorder the car again as it was the wrong colour delivered for our order and he also is saying he doesn't know how long it will take for the new order maybe 2 months, I have no confidence that that is any where near true and i can see another 10 months with maybe the wrong colour or something else delivered wrong. Didn't even apoligize or say we are putting this on priority.

I got the feeling that he couldn't care less.

Its not even just the fact that its late or even an error. Its the fact that we have been lied to multiple times which has caused us to change decisions about our holiday plans etc one cannot get ones time back.

And especially no answer to emails from MG at all what happens in future when you have a problem and the latest conversation with their whatsapp just lies and bullsh*t and then no reply when you ask why they haven't given me answers. Sorry not a company I will recommend to any body

I am sure it will be a less popular option due to 650 euro more but its not exactly an expensive option and 3 dealers told me that it is actualy quite popular and they sell quite a number with this option, also the dealer i visited who had 30 or so mg4's in stock told me that he had already sold all the 2 tone from this delivery already thats why there wasn't any when i visited.

So no I do not believe that is the reason and none told me they had a backlog of 2 tone I did indeed ask

I am sure that is true to an extent, but as my previous reply to @Kithmo I do not believe that is the reason in this case
The next generation funds are not exhausted in Spain. They were paid to central government who then distributed funds to regional governments and the money hasn't been since distributed. Spain can re-request more EU Next generation funds by 100% because of excess demand but it's the failure of regional governments to process and pay out, that's the bottleneck . Regions are deluged with demand but woefully understaffed to process. But you don't apply to the EU, you apply to your regional government. For example in Murcia, they've only processed/opened 400 files of 6000 requests since Nov 2021. They're absolutely hopeless all-round whenever it comes to doling out any grants.

In terms of EV Spanish grants I can get €7500 for my 20 year old diesel Saxo if I scrap it against the €26k new fee for an MG SR 2023. Second hand it's not worth €900 so I'm in process of getting back to ITV road legal to do so. But hey, this would be administered by the same regional government and there's no guarantee of timeline meaning MG would revoke the credit after a year grace and add it to my potential repayment plan.

Furthermore just before the general elections the government announced another 15% IRPF discount for EV purchases so there's quite some incentive to go ahead now before next year. But can't trust the governments ultimately, you have to privately finance everything it seems.

The next generation funds are not exhausted in Spain. They were paid to central government who then distributed funds to regional governments and the money hasn't been since distributed. Spain can re-request more EU Next generation funds by 100% because of excess demand but it's the failure of regional governments to process and pay out, that's the bottleneck . Regions are deluged with demand but woefully understaffed to process. But you don't apply to the EU, you apply to your regional government. For example in Murcia, they've only processed/opened 400 files of 6000 requests since Nov 2021. They're absolutely hopeless all-round whenever it comes to doling out any grants.

In terms of EV Spanish grants I can get €7500 for my 20 year old diesel Saxo if I scrap it against the €26k new fee for an MG SR 2023. Second hand it's not worth €900 so I'm in process of getting back to ITV road legal to do so. But hey, this would be administered by the same regional government and there's no guarantee of timeline meaning MG would revoke the credit after a year grace and add it to my potential repayment plan.

Furthermore just before the general elections the government announced another 15% IRPF discount for EV purchases so there's quite some incentive to go ahead now before next year. But can't trust the governments ultimately, you have to privately finance everything it seems.
well maybe we are talking about different things, as there are EU funds which was called I though next generation and there are spanish Government funds which is from the spanish gov not eu and local regional incentives as i said IBI payments on property. Hmmm! well thats not how the eu incentive was explained to me by my tax assessor for my SL. nor the solar installers i consulted with, oh well it is indeed hard to get a correct answer here in spain, seems to depend on who you ask as you get a different answer from each, but as you say they are hopeless :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Well I think you will find for the car its 4500 as a incentive for buying a new electric car and 500 extra if you live in a village of less than 5000 people, whether you scrap a car or not. You can get an additional 2500 if you scrap an old car that you have owned for more than a year or 2, I was told it did not have to have a current ITV, but I was sceptical of that last bit so I checked it all again when I visited the tesla centre 3 days ago and took a photo of the simplified rules for moves III that they had.

El coche para achatarrar debe tener mas de 7 años. No hace falta que tenga la ITV vigente. see piccy. (The scrap car must be over 7 years old. It is not necessary to have the current ITV.)

but of course if your cars only worth 900 definately worth going for the extra 2500. our nearly 18 year old 275,000 klm ssanyong kiron is apparently worth around 5000 so not worth it to me

yes it is administered by the reginal govs but paid in your irpf year, the year after you make your declaration of your earnings for the previous year. again as explained to me by my Tax assessor.

15% IRPF discount
yes correct but that one is only a deduction off of any tax you have to pay for the year before and is limited to a max of 3000 euros as far as i understand, but of course if you pay no tax as for instance many pensioners do not here than you dont get anything or if you only have to pay that particular year 500 in tax then that is all you get. again as explained by my tax assessor.

Attachments

• moves III.jpg
    moves III.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 46

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 536 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member