One solution to the scratch sensitive piano black trims

Ive been using it for years on my classic cars...I can assure you there is no rust on any of them!
Cheating a bit... aren't DeLoreans Stainless Steel?;) Maybe it's by living on the coast that seems to rust everything.. Even our aluminium trim gets attacked.

The Chassis and suspension...engine etc are not stainless.

You can see the before and after photo's .......I used a whole 4ltr can when cleaning this car up after a 30 year "rest"in a field in Essex.

MGJ Green Engine.jpg
MGJ Clean engine.jpg

Useful tips for WD40:-

No chance....although mine did boil-over last night, when its fan-belt went slack! :mad:

Very complicated these ICE cars...lots to go wrong! Why doesn't someone invent a simple car?

Just a battery and a motor?.......hang on.....they have! :)

WD40 is actually a Water Dispersant (WD), formula number 40, not primarily intended as a permanent lubricant as it evaporates off, but it does have some temporary lubricating properties.
There's a similar product called Duck Oil made by Swarfega, not made from ducks but repels water like water off a ducks back. Both are very useful for dispersing condensation inside distributor caps. They are also good insulators, so not to be used on battery terminals or fuse contacts.
View attachment 3695
What's a distributor cap? :)

WD40 is actually a Water Dispersant (WD), formula number 40, not primarily intended as a permanent lubricant as it evaporates off, but it does have some temporary lubricating properties.
There's a similar product called Duck Oil made by Swarfega, not made from ducks but repels water like water off a ducks back. Both are very useful for dispersing condensation inside distributor caps. They are also good insulators, so not to be used on battery terminals or fuse contacts.
View attachment 3695
What's a distributor cap? :)

There is only one way to keep piano Black scratch free.
When dusty , never touch with fingers.
Spray wet with a cleaner like "Marly's cockpit spray" , also spray some on a fresh microfibre cloth untill the cloth is damp. Wipe off.
Never repeat with a dry microfiber cloth.
Where did you get Marly’s spray from? I have searched Google and Amazon and I cannot see it.

I ask it because i saw this strange spot on my dash☹️ i never touch the dash and ik never saw it before...it looks like a old tape spot in the factory mayby? Have anyone else something like this?
Yes, I have the same mark on the top of our dashboard. Tried soapy warm water, but no change. will gently attempt using WD40 after reading helpful hint on this forum.

Yes, I have the same mark on the top of our dashboard. Tried soapy warm water, but no change. will gently attempt using WD40 after reading helpful hint on this forum.
I wouldn't use anything but matt dash cleaner on the dash top, you might end up with a shiny spot, which would be more distracting than the glue residue.

Do we know where this sticky tab mark came from? I suspect it was holding a document to the dash…
Anyway, a suggestion - I found that using a sticky tape over such a mark and ripping it off, used to get rid if the glue beneath it. I haven’t tried this yet, as I’ve only just noticed this mark on the dash above the instrument panel - I was using a tissue to wipe it and if course it went furry white!

will need to experiment with the tape though, as don’t want to make it worse.
little worried about WD40 - thought this was penetrating oil used for rusted nuts that couldn’t be spannered off their bolts/mountings…. Only ever used it to lubricate cycle chains and the like…

Take care buying from the Marley.com site - it’s not secure even during checkout!!

Do we know where this sticky tab mark came from? I suspect it was holding a document to the dash…
Anyway, a suggestion - I found that using a sticky tape over such a mark and ripping it off, used to get rid if the glue beneath it. I haven’t tried this yet, as I’ve only just noticed this mark on the dash above the instrument panel - I was using a tissue to wipe it and if course it went furry white!

will need to experiment with the tape though, as don’t want to make it worse.
little worried about WD40 - thought this was penetrating oil used for rusted nuts that couldn’t be spannered off their bolts/mountings…. Only ever used it to lubricate cycle chains and the like…
Muc Off soaked for a few minutes will shift

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom