Open Tesla Supercharge Issues

Here is a recent video covering an open Tesla site at Banbury it also features a fine aray of other CCS chargers !.
Interesting to see a Gen1 ZS EV pulling a charge from one of the Osprey units in the back ground.

Wow!!! This is amazing. If this is going to become the standard in the UK and Europe, life will be magic.

An interesting video that states that there has been an increase to the original 15 Tesla super charges, that was opened to "Non Tesla" owners.
Also how to locate them !.

I'm in Harrogate for the Fully Charged show this week and am very close to a Tesla Super charger on the A61 Leeds Rd. Has anyone with an MG ZS Trophy successfully used this site? I'm only 2.5 miles from it and it would be really useful for my return journey home the following Monday

Hi don’t know about the ZS but I can tell you for sure none of the MG5 work i there’s is a thread on the 5 listing about it and a member wrote to Tesla and got a reply saying it’s the MG software that is not suitable for there chargers ZS might be different it would be good to know if it does work so if you try it please let us know how you get on.
I tried at Banbury last week using the app with my facelift 5 and there was another guy there with the earlier 5 and we both got the same message on the app car not suitable
Les

Hi don’t know about the ZS but I can tell you for sure none of the MG5 work i there’s is a thread on the 5 listing about it and a member wrote to Tesla and got a reply saying it’s the MG software that is not suitable for there chargers ZS might be different it would be good to know if it does work so if you try it please let us know how you get on.
I tried at Banbury last week using the app with my facelift 5 and there was another guy there with the earlier 5 and we both got the same message on the app car not suitable
Les
Facelift ZS should be fine with opened Tesla Superchargers

Tried Cambridge Trumpington Park and ride Superchargers yesterday - no luck.
Connection times out. App says no car connected.
Also have had no luck at Maidstone in my facelift ZS.

Edit: It's actually Wokingham: see two posts down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trafford Centre and Flint Mountain (where my avatar was taken!) have both worked fine for me, ZS Trophy SR - I couldn't get the Mk1 ZS I had previously to charge at a Tesla site though (same issue as below I suspect)
Couldn't get 2 or 3 BP Pulse/Polar CCS chargers in Milton Keynes to work for me yesterday, sounded like there was an issue with the lock engaging in the CCS port on the car, however an Instavolt at a McDonalds worked absolutely fine.

I will give it a try and let you all know.
HG3 1EW A61 Leeds Road
Unfortunately I tried it and no Tesla super charger worked. So my MG ZS EV Trophy Connect, with all the latest software upgrades ,would not work. Shame but useful for others to know.
I'm in Harrogate for the Fully Charged show this week and am very close to a Tesla Super charger on the A61 Leeds Rd. Has anyone with an MG ZS Trophy successfully used this site? I'm only 2.5 miles from it and it would be really useful for my return journey home the following Monday

I did try. Gave up MG would not connect to charger. Next guy plugged in worked fine.
MG very fickle with chargers.

I've also tried, unsuccessfully, at Trumpington with a ZS Long Range. I wonder if those who are having some success are driving short range models? The SR and LR batteries are different not just in capacity but in chemistry so presumably the software is different too.

I've also tried, unsuccessfully, at Trumpington with a ZS Long Range. I wonder if those who are having some success are driving short range models? The SR and LR batteries are different not just in capacity but in chemistry so presumably the software is different too.

I have had success with my SR.

Would be interesting to see a quick video/pictures from the process for those that are having problems.

Just to see if it's an order of operation thing or something...

If it is an LR problem it needs flagging with Tesla. The more people that report it can't harm the chances of them doing something about it, especially as it is a pilot program.

Will be heading to Banbury tomorrow. Due to a whole smorgasbord of electrical fritz have had both vehicle control unit and charge control unit replaced. Will be interesting to know if this makes any difference to open tesla supercharger access. Having a service at Chorley on Monday so if it doesn’t work on way up will attempt again on way back to see if any updates they install make a difference on the way back. Definitely needs raising with MG - tesla will be the standard in US. Given their cost of supercharger install advantage (like one fifth cheaper in US), maybe their chargers will be everywhere else and open sooner than we think. 🤔

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom