OVO good News 10p anytime

Powerline adapters can/do output a WiFi signal.
If you name the ssid the same as the main WiFi then your devices will switch to the strongest signal.
Just in case the WiFi signal causes issues for anyone.

Powerline adapters can/do output a WiFi signal.
If you name the ssid the same as the main WiFi then your devices will switch to the strongest signal.
Just in case the WiFi signal causes issues for anyone.
Those are wifi extenders, although some do come with an ethernet port to plug into.

WiFi extenders and powerline adapters are two different technologies that both help improve your Internet connection.

I have a powerline
Those are wifi extenders, although some do come with an ethernet port to plug into.

WiFi extenders and powerline adapters are two different technologies that both help improve your Internet connection.

Mine (the one on the garage end) has both WiFi and the extra rj45 port that i can plug things into.

I have a powerline

Mine (the one on the garage end) has both WiFi and the extra rj45 port that i can plug things into.
The only question is, how does the one in the garage receive it's internet signals ? Is it because there is another one plugged into the mains and connected directly by ethernet to the router sending it through the wires or does it receive it by wifi ?
There are all sorts of combinations eg a powerline can use the signal through the wires and the mains power to then create a wifi signal, but it's the source that defines whether it is a powerline or just a wifi extender.

The only question is, how does the one in the garage receive it's internet signals ? Is it because there is another one plugged into the mains and connected directly by ethernet to the router sending it through the wires or does it receive it by wifi ?
There are all sorts of combinations eg a powerline can use the signal through the wires and the mains power to then create a wifi signal, but it's the source that defines whether it is a powerline or just a wifi extender.
By the router there is a powerline adapter connected by rj45 to the router.
In the garage it receives its signal from the powerline. It has a WiFi aerial and a rj45.
I plug the tv in the garage into the rj45 and when in the garden my phone wtc picks up the wifi for a stronger signal than from the router in the house.

Right, not sure whats going on here?

I plugged in over night and had a schedule created for 90% by 8am. Friday last week this was fine as we had a charged up car Saturday morning.

This morning though...nothing! Nothing added over night? So I created a new schedule with 90% by 3pm...which then started to generate messages saying "your charge time has been increased" blah blah blah....but so far nothing has been added to the car today at all?!?

Am I missing something with scheduling?

So yeah messages at 0:11, 01:13, 02:11, 03:21, 04:11, 05:11, 06:20, 07:11 all saying the same thing "we wont meet your charge target on time, you are charging at full power but your charge target range will be reached later than requested" ?!?!

Never mind...think Ive worked it out now!

Last week I had turned off SCHEDULED CHARGING on the MG5 app...but today after checking it was showing as being on in the app. I then turned it off...but still the car wasnt charging?

Then I checked the car and it showed as still being on a schedule I had set on the app earlier! So turned that off...and still no go.

Then hit the START CHARGING button...and its finally started to charge?!?!

So yeah...hair pulling exercise or what! :hahaha:

So yeah messages at 0:11, 01:13, 02:11, 03:21, 04:11, 05:11, 06:20, 07:11 all saying the same thing "we wont meet your charge target on time, you are charging at full power but your charge target range will be reached later than requested" ?!?!
Had this once when car was not taking charge and it was my fault I did not plug the cable in all the way as I was in a rush
Yer I can see having schedule switched on in the car would cause a similar problem

Forgot to say if green light is flashing it's the car that has stopped the charge either because scheduling is on or it's reached its limit that's set

Never mind...think Ive worked it out now!

Last week I had turned off SCHEDULED CHARGING on the MG5 app...but today after checking it was showing as being on in the app. I then turned it off...but still the car wasnt charging?

Then I checked the car and it showed as still being on a schedule I had set on the app earlier! So turned that off...and still no go.

Then hit the START CHARGING button...and its finally started to charge?!?!

So yeah...hair pulling exercise or what! :hahaha:
One thing to remember is to get the 10p rate it needs to be a scheduled charge so make sure you don’t put it on a “max charge” plug n play type charge.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom