Plastic Wheel Trim

stumgev56

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
So having the new Mg Zs ev Trophy model, the plastic wheel trims are quite fiddly to get off if you need to change a wheel for puncture’s etc.
Being in the cold weather, the plastic to me feels like it would break if to much pressure is given.
As anyone tried taking them off yet.

I have taken two of them off. No tools required. They 'plug' into the wheels at 4 points rather than having a wire round the rim like you find on generic trims. I was initially worried about breaking them but I eased the trim off in the time honoured working on opposite sides like tightening the wheel nuts. The trims proved to be robust and flexible enough.
For tyre inflation purposes I bought some valve extensions but I was warned about them corroding in place so I now use just one on my inflator.

I would be interested to see what the wheel looks like trimless and also trim when off. Could someone post a pic please?

I have taken two of them off. No tools required. They 'plug' into the wheels at 4 points rather than having a wire round the rim like you find on generic trims. I was initially worried about breaking them but I eased the trim off in the time honoured working on opposite sides like tightening the wheel nuts. The trims proved to be robust and flexible enough.
For tyre inflation purposes I bought some valve extensions but I was warned about them corroding in place so I now use just one on my inflator.
Thank you for your reply to my question, I have just purchased a spare space saver wheel just in case of punctures in the future on the roadside.

Youtube has videos of cars just being delivered that can give you an idea.

Nice one thanks. They don't look dissimilar to the alloys on my old Pug 207, basic but not outrageously bad. I'll keep the covers on though, better to kerb them than an alloy 🙄

Thank you for your reply to my question, I have just purchased a spare space saver wheel just in case of punctures in the future on the roadside.
I'd prefer a spare to a repair kit.
If you don't mind me asking .... What was the cost and where from? Thanks.

So having the new Mg Zs ev Trophy model, the plastic wheel trims are quite fiddly to get off if you need to change a wheel for puncture’s etc.
Being in the cold weather, the plastic to me feels like it would break if to much pressure is given.
As anyone tried taking them off yet.
Yes I tried and broke 2. £56 each to replace. Be careful

Yes they do for £69 pound. I got a pair from gearbox for £19
Wow, the MG ones have shot up in price, I paid £29, 20 months ago and I thought that was expensive.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom