Positive Vibes for the MG4

I just ordered my MG4 EV SE SR Holborn Blue. The dealer told me they have available red and white for delivery in June, the blue holborn will come after june, not sure yet but i assume that will be after 3 months so in september. Shall i go for white or wait for the blue?
Get your favourite colour. IF that means waiting so be it. I was told 12 - 20 weeks & they found one in uk stock at another dealer inside 2 weeks.

There are so many issues posted on the forum, which is generally why people come to a forum to find help, but we need some balance and positivity about the car that so many of us have on order. It can't all be bad. So owners, please can you share the one thing that has pleasantly surprised you or that you love most about your car. A thread of joy please 🙂

Edit: Or share as many good things as you want. Let's get the excitement back for the MG4!
I bought an MG4 Trophy January 2023 then got tempted to upgrade to a new MG4 X-Power in the orange last December. I didn't test drive one beforehand. So when I drove it home, engaged Sport mode and hit the pedal.. the joy it brought to me was priceless! It brings a smile to my face every time I drive it. The power and acceleration are phenomenal.
Yes.. it still has the annoying niggle of having to turn off lane keeping assist every journey. Living in North Devon with narrow country roads but with broken white line down the middle means it is hardly possible to allow lane keeping assist to remain on.
Small price to pay for such an excellent EV.

I just ordered my MG4 EV SE SR Holborn Blue. The dealer told me they have available red and white for delivery in June, the blue holborn will come after june, not sure yet but i assume that will be after 3 months so in september. Shall i go for white or wait for the blue?

I told my dealer I wanted the blue and was prepared to wait for it. However, after unsuccessfully trying to persuade me to buy first a Trophy then an SE LR, he finally fessed up to having a blue SE SR out the back waiting to be prepped for sale. How lucky was that?

Having said that, the red is pretty gorgeous too. But you know, I'm always getting compliments about the colour of my car, it really seems to turn heads.

I've just come across another good reason to go for the blue.
I collected my red se lr yesterday. Overjoyed, first ever brand new car, registered for first day of the new 24 reg, then came across certificate of conformity stating manufacture date 26/5/23. So 10 months from manufacture to delivery to first owner. Sitting in Bristol docks for 6 of those months presumably 😕.
If you have to wait for your blue to arrive due to scarcity, presumably it'll be a bit more oven fresh and therefore even more shortcomings ironed out 🤔
( not whingeing, love it, haven't actually come across any shortcomings 😉 )

Last edited:
I've just come across another good reason to go for the blue.
I collected my red se lr yesterday. Overjoyed, first ever brand new car, registered for first day of the new 24 reg, then came across certificate of conformity stating manufacture date 26/5/23. So 10 months from manufacture to delivery to first owner. Sitting in Bristol docks for 6 of those months presumably 😕.
If you have to wait for your blue to arrive due to scarcity, presumably it'll be a bit more oven fresh and therefore even more shortcomings ironed out 🤔
( not whingeing, love it, haven't actually come across any shortcomings 😉 )
Enjoy your Brand New Car 🚗 😎

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 496 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel