Positive Vibes for the MG4

:ROFLMAO:

Yeah, I thought it didn't look like one of ours, and I wasn't aware of any of ours giving away free charges anymore, so was intrigued to know where it was!

It is an issue with forums like this. The fact that most people are driving cars they enjoy and that have never had to go back to the dealer for any serious fault doesn't really come over.

Even the biggies from the early months, the lock-in situation and the oil leak, barely rate a mention now. Nobody who bought a car since the start of last year has even encountered these, as far as I know.
So good to know - Picking mine up in a couple of weeks. Obviously giving me far too long to go through forums reading up on problems. This is the first time I've ever bought a brand new car (had several company cars). The used ones have always been bought the same day I decide to change the car, giving no time to worry about potential pitfalls. Rarely caused a problem.

There are so many issues posted on the forum, which is generally why people come to a forum to find help, but we need some balance and positivity about the car that so many of us have on order. It can't all be bad. So owners, please can you share the one thing that has pleasantly surprised you or that you love most about your car. A thread of joy please 🙂

Edit: Or share as many good things as you want. Let's get the excitement back for the MG4!
I Love my x power & my Mrs loves her Trophy lr.
They are fantastic in terms of damping/suspension which is so good they feel like any premium ice car.
My previous ev drove like a chest freezer! & was no “fun” to drive (skoda enyaq iv60) it felt all of its 2 tonne & cornered like a slab, and it had software issues & other niggles (puddle lights known to fail, charge hatch servo failing causing flap to lock shut). I have no regrets 2 months into my mg4 x power, it drives beautifully & has all the toys on it.
Yes it has occasional software farts but all cars do!
I Love it & recommend an MG4, it was my Wife who bought a top spec Trophy & I was blown away by the ride comfort & amount of kit it came with, honestly driving hers made my Enyaq feel like a joke so I traded it in for an x power & Ive never looked back. Heres a pic from collection day of my blue Enyaq sulking in the px parking spot lol the MG4 is a huge upgrade 😎

Attachments

• IMG_6259.jpeg
    IMG_6259.jpeg
    780.5 KB · Views: 42
I’m so glad to see this thread. I’m already so excited about my MG4, and I don’t collect it until Saturday! (New member, hi everyone!). I’ve spent a lot of time reading around the forum, and we’ve watched a lot of videos before settling on the MG. I was a touch concerned about it, but this, and you all in general, have settled me down no end. This will be our first ever EV. My ancient ICE car is dead in the water, after many years of happy service, and it seems like the right time to make the change. Thank you for the reassurance.

The Trophy is our first EV and we really enjoy it. It soaks up pot holes, brilliant acceleration compared with our Jazz (!) and it's so quiet.
The software takes some getting used to but that is true of any new car. If we didn't have issues with it, this Forum would be no fun. 😡😖🤩

Countered all the issues raised on the forum giving a slightly (hopefully) skewiff view by spending several hours watching YouTube vids of folks raving about them. If Kryten loves it that's good enough for me 😁👍.... Much happier and excited about the (nearly) imminent arrival now.

Last edited:
I went to look at upgrading my 30kwh Kia Soul to the latest 64kwh and the rest, as they say, is history 😁👍
I had a deposit on an ex demo Kia Soul in 2022. Before the Kia dealer was able to release the car, I had a test drive in the MG4 on the day after my local MG dealer had their demo car. And the rest, as they say, is history! 😁

That's how I came to buy the car in the first place. YouTube vids of people raving about them!
That is quite similar to my decision. I had considered changing to an EV and liked the look of the MG4. I only needed a relatively short test drive to decide that was the car for me.
I had previously driven the VW ID3 and didn't like it at all, especially the ridiculous price. I then tried the Cupra Born and it was OK. But the MG4 blew them both away. And I have had it for a year and it has been wonderful.

I’m so glad to see this thread. I’m already so excited about my MG4, and I don’t collect it until Saturday! (New member, hi everyone!). I’ve spent a lot of time reading around the forum, and we’ve watched a lot of videos before settling on the MG. I was a touch concerned about it, but this, and you all in general, have settled me down no end. This will be our first ever EV. My ancient ICE car is dead in the water, after many years of happy service, and it seems like the right time to make the change. Thank you for the reassurance.
You will love it.

I Love my x power & my Mrs loves her Trophy lr.
They are fantastic in terms of damping/suspension which is so good they feel like any premium ice car.
My previous ev drove like a chest freezer! & was no “fun” to drive (skoda enyaq iv60) it felt all of its 2 tonne & cornered like a slab, and it had software issues & other niggles (puddle lights known to fail, charge hatch servo failing causing flap to lock shut). I have no regrets 2 months into my mg4 x power, it drives beautifully & has all the toys on it.
Yes it has occasional software farts but all cars do!
I Love it & recommend an MG4, it was my Wife who bought a top spec Trophy & I was blown away by the ride comfort & amount of kit it came with, honestly driving hers made my Enyaq feel like a joke so I traded it in for an x power & Ive never looked back. Heres a pic from collection day of my blue Enyaq sulking in the px parking spot lol the MG4 is a huge upgrade 😎
So you don't rate the Skoda much at all?

We had an Octavia new in 2002 and it was great. I was hoping the Enyaq would impress.

We were going to look at one before we chose the 4, but the dealer said 18m lead time minimum. Not farting about waiting that long for a car!

We had a Honda before the MG and was extremely impressed with it's reliability. I was thinking about one next time, but the e NY-1 is smaller than the MG4.

If I had a gripe about the MG4, it would be that I find it a little bit awkward to get in and out of. But it's not a major issue. And it would be solved if I lost a bit of blubber...

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 517 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back