Positive Vibes for the MG4

Fun, fun, fun to drive. Internal space relative to external is amazing, home charging easy, setting the heating/cooling going remotely for up to 10 minutes, comfortable ride/holds the road well. All my passengers have commented it is comfortable as a passenger. Relatively high up, so easier to get in for less mobile people. I love my little mg4🥰😍 se trim

For Vignut:
16 inch. Did you put them on yourself? Or was the car delivered with 16 inch?
I opted out of the dealership 17" winter wheels and bought 16x6,5 Zax ev531 gloss gunmetal lightweight wheels, and put Michelin x-ice north 4 205/60 r16 studded winter tyres on them.

Not cheap I admit but I will save 2000kr/150£ each time I change winter tyres as that's the price difference between 205/60 r16 and 215/50 r17 quality winter tyres. Lower consumption is a bonus. 🤑

Looks with 16" "tractor tyres" is meeh but who cares in the snow and salt smuts we have in Norway, the rims look good though and the car drives good.🤗 Yes the car is dirty (salt smuts), I do know (waiting for non freezing conditions).😬

Attachments

• 20240120_193335.jpg
    20240120_193335.jpg
    266.1 KB · Views: 73
  • 20240120_193329.jpg
    20240120_193329.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 72
Last edited by a moderator:
Two ways with everything Rolfe.😄

p.s. Do you use this expression in English?

In Norwegian, this means the right and the wrong way of doing things, and then in the sense that the wrong way is either too much or too little of something and right is the right amount.

And thanks for your kind words, these rims have worked very well in deep snow as no snow has stuck to the spokes so far. They are also several kg lighter than the original rims and that helps fuel consumption in the cold to. 😊

If u look at Tesla ev service recommendations for veh in Australia appears to be no need for service? Air con filter 4years they say we built a car that doesn’t need services so maybe MGs are over serviced or it’s a cash grab Lol🤪🤪
'Cash grab' from MG or Tesla? :ROFLMAO:

Two ways with everything Rolfe.😄

p.s. Do you use this expression in English?

In Norwegian, this means the right and the wrong way of doing things, and then in the sense that the wrong way is either too much or too little of something and right is the right amount.

And thanks for your kind words, these rims have worked very well in deep snow as no snow has stuck to the spokes so far. They are also several kg lighter than the original rims and that helps fuel consumption in the cold to. 😊

Maybe it doesn't have quite the same connotation, but we say "six of one and half a dozen of the other." Often abbreviated to "six and half a dozen."

Is there any joy in ordering a vehicle with so many known faults that should have been rectified in production, I ordered mine in August and rejected it when it arrived because I was not prepared to be a test pilot for mg.
These models have been out in India for a long time before the UK got them, they're known as Mulan there, so some of the faults must have been known.
After reordering a replacement which no one knows when it's delivery time is, and after reading these forums do I really need to spend a lot of money on a vehicle that is probably going to spend more time in the workshop and me with stress.
I appreciate all new models have glitches but mg quality control really needs to get their act together.
If it’s so stressful, perhaps you should reconsider driving any kind of vehicle? There are very few real faults with the MG4and your re-order won’t be much different to the one you rejected. All there are really is a few of the normal ‘hiccups’ you would get with any new car. The Mulan is hardly any comparison, I don’t believe that India has as many safety restrictions as the UK/EU!
If you read a forum just to find out what ‘faults’ have been reported then you will always find them 🙄 but a lot of those are either old news, or things which happen and are easily fixed, at no cost to the owner in most cases!

I love just about everything about my MG4! If I have to pick one thing above all others? It drives like a REAL car!
Fun, easy to drive but unlike most of the cars I’ve had in the past, doesn’t leak oil, doesn’t rattle the bones off you and I can drive it all day and still smile 😊

It is an issue with forums like this. The fact that most people are driving cars they enjoy and that have never had to go back to the dealer for any serious fault doesn't really come over.

Even the biggies from the early months, the lock-in situation and the oil leak, barely rate a mention now. Nobody who bought a car since the start of last year has even encountered these, as far as I know.

I really like the MG 4 good ride easy to drive park powerful and my previous vehicles have been quality German, my only complaint is turn signal is very loud ok if hard of hearing.

I really like the MG 4 good ride easy to drive park powerful and my previous vehicles have been quality German, my only complaint is turn signal is very loud ok if hard of hearing.
You know you can adjust the turn signal volume In the infotainment screen (at least in the Luxury/Trophy).

It's under settings swipe left and touch cog (down left in R46).

Scroll down to volume setting and choose that.

On top you find vehicle alerts, slide it to the left.
Done.

This post is heavily edited.😉

Attachments

• 20240121_222339.jpg
    20240121_222339.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 43
  • 20240121_222428.jpg
    20240121_222428.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 32
  • 20240121_222438.jpg
    20240121_222438.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
You know you can adjust the turn signal volume In the infotainment screen (at least in the Luxury/Trophy).

It's under settings swipe left and touch cog (down left in R46).

Scroll down to volume setting and choose that.

On top you find vehicle alerts, slide it to the left.
Done.

This post is heavily edited.😉
Thanks just done it was on 8 so slid the bar down to 2 check the click lots better, thanks 🙏.

We collected our MG4 Trophy in September and, so far, it has been an ideal car. Howards in Yeovil were all we could wish for from a dealer. The all-round camera views make parking and manoeuvring so easy. It carries a good size load with the back seats down and handles heavy, fossil containing, rocks with ease. So far, even in winter, we have mostly been able to charge using power from our solar panels which makes it very cheap to run. On rural roads I disable the lane keeping assist before setting off but the other features of MG pilot are perfect for easy driving. It is always useful to have the performance to accelerate away from potential trouble but we are not likely to regularly behave like rally drivers. We have yet to use it on a motorway where lane keeping assist may have value or to use a public charger. We went for the MG4 Trophy as the reviews unanimously suggested it was the best electric vehicle for retired people in a rural situation our experience agrees strongly with this verdict. We do get the occasional power cut and the vehicle to load cable keeps the fridge and freezer running and our battery lights and phones charged until power is restored. In the recent cold weather, it was wonderful to be able to remotely demist and warm the car for 10 minutes before getting in.

Ha, I’m impressed you’re using vehicle-to-load – excellent!
I totally agree: the battery warming and internal HVAC pre-heating are both extremely welcome. We certainly love our MG4 Trophy (Luxury here in France), and apart from a few early-adoption software glitches – none of them serious – have no regrets at all about buying the car. Its load-bearing capacity is worth emphasizing, actually. I’ve loaded 20 x 20kg sacks in the car, as well as other heavyweights (my strongman son weighs over 140kg, so I was afraid that having him in the front seat over Christmas would be a challenge, especially with passengers in the back – but the MG4 didn’t have any issues at all; in fact, there was no noticeable impact on the suspension, which intrigued me).

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 536 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back