Price increase in January 2023

£1500 is a big jump if true coupled with a 9% rate on finance

£33k for a trophy before paint.
Cupra Born is £36500 and 7.9 Apr and that won the What Car group test Vs the trophy and megane Equilibre which is £36995 and 6.2%

I managed to get free floor-mats and a 3-pin connector that apparently isn't usually shipped with the car.
Okay, so are we talking about the 13 Amp three pin plug unit, better known by its EV slang term as the “Granny@ charger 🔌 ?.
It is fairly standard fair, that most EV’s are supplied with this type in means of charging their cars.
Working on the theory that not everybody has access to either wall box / or public charger, but almost everybody has access to a three pin socket outlet.
But there was a batch of MG4’s that did arrive minus the three pin plug unit.
Dealers were therefore offering a type 2 public charging cable as a direct substitute for this missing unit.
I believe this issue has now been rectified and they are coming thought with the “Granny” unit ( please correct me if I am wrong folks ).
This will leave owners who now wish to charge publicly, purchasing their own cable.
Unless a kind dealer is willing to give you both cables of course !.
Definitely worth having both types of cables anyway 👍.

Okay, so are we talking about the 13 Amp three pin plug unit, better known by its EV slang term as the “Granny@ charger 🔌 ?.
It is fairly standard fair, that most EV’s are supplied with this type in means of charging their cars.
Working on the theory that not everybody has access to either wall box / or public charger, but almost everybody has access to a three pin socket outlet.
But there was a batch of MG4’s that did arrive minus the three pin plug unit.
Dealers were therefore offering a type 2 public charging cable as a direct substitute for this missing unit.
I believe this issue has now been rectified and they are coming thought with the “Granny” unit ( please correct me if I am wrong folks ).
This will leave owners who now wish to charge publicly, purchasing their own cable.
Unless a kind dealer is willing to give you both cables of course !.
Definitely worth having both types of cables anyway 👍.
I need the granny charger as I can't install a typical house charger, it'll be plugging it into a standard 3-pin socket (not ideal but all I got). They said that the car 100% does not now come with this, just a "type 2", and the dealer actually showed me where to buy a cheap granny 3-pin from eBay, no joke. They then offered to throw one in that was likely a spare laying around the dealership.

Just to add, they also said the oil and bulging plastic under-tray were both fixed as I called them out on it.

I need the granny charger as I can't install a typical house charger, it'll be plugging it into a standard 3-pin socket (not ideal but all I got). They said that the car 100% does not now come with this, just a "type 2", and the dealer actually showed me where to buy a cheap granny 3-pin from eBay, no joke. They then offered to throw one in that was likely a spare laying around the dealership.

Just to add, they also said the oil and bulging plastic under-tray were both fixed as I called them out on it.
Someone's having your pants down reference the "throwing in for free" next he'll tell you they're taxing it at no cost to you 😂

Maybe the list price will rise but there will be more incentives and discounts available?

At the end of the day it is supply and demand - if they can sell all they can make at a higher price then why wouldn't they. If the price increase means that customers are choosing something else and there is surplus stock then MG will need to offer some incentive to maintain market share.

In next year or two there will be new models from suppliers like BYD and MG themselves which will likely be even more desirable than current MG.

This review suggest (at the end) that the MG4 has great predicted residual values, in fact close to the Porsche…

This review suggest (at the end) that the MG4 has great predicted residual values, in fact close to the Porsche…

The predicted residuals are what the finance packages are based on, so higher residual lower monthly payments as the financier isn't holding as much risk, I believe they're working on around 60% value retention at the end of 4yrs based on average mileage of 12000/annum

The predicted residuals are what the finance packages are based on, so higher residual lower monthly payments as the financier isn't holding as much risk, I believe they're working on around 60% value retention at the end of 4yrs based on average mileage of 12000/annum
Ok, that’s quite good isn’t it? So a trophy with start value £32k would after 4 years and 48k miles have an approximate value of £19,200. Losing around £12,800 or £266 a Month.

Is that the discriminatory slang term?
I conducted an extensive survey of Grannies to see how the term granny charger affected them and whether they felt marginalised or discriminated against. The overwhelming conclusion was that you should be at the forefront of a movement to raise awareness and it would be an excellent use of your time. 👍

I conducted an extensive survey of Grannies to see how the term granny charger affected them and whether they felt marginalised or discriminated against. The overwhelming conclusion was that you should be at the forefront of a movement to raise awareness and it would be an excellent use of your time. 👍
Did ensure to cover all socioeconomic strata to prevent any skewing of the datasets 🤔

Thanks.
It would be.
I would imagine in the 60s and 70s and beyond, other societal groups were dismissed and mocked when folk thought they were 'fair game'.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 500 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back