Random LKA switching. A cure found?

Some others have also said they don't have that bug, but others very definitely do. I have no idea what governs who has it and who hasn't.
It could be how the radar and camera have been calibrated or been knocked out of alignment during shipping.

How old is the car? - mine is a 1st generation, and as soon as you hit the brake pedal it automatically moves from ON to OFF (i.e. it has a memory on the state it was when parked) - it's never been on since about the 1st week.
I bet you have R13 software installed. Mine was the same as you are describing, except I upgraded to R16(?) and the darn thing stays with LKA active, except when I legally change it. Then on restart its back to on again.

I've noticed the lack of confirm and it is back on as soon as it likes, so good tip. Thanks.
NB This is for the SE/LR in the UK. It may not work on other versions.

I've been plagued with the LKA randomly switching itself back on while driving. Also frequently when initially getting in the car, when switching off the LKA there is no 'Confirm' prompt and it does not switch off.
I also find that if successfully off it will switch back on after 2-3 hours of driving or sooner if I stop, step out of the car NOT turning it off / locking it and sit back in and continue, LKA is on again whilst ECO mode has remained set and not flipped back to NORMAL - both having been set at startup.
MY22 Oct 22 car

Last edited:
I accidentally flattened the 12V battery and LKA reactivated. I tried everything to turn it off but failed. The steering wheel icon appeared and the steering wheel was 'jamming' on winding roads and, once, tried to send me into a ditch. This isn't a 'safety feature' when that happens.
I finally resolved it by turning off the Driver Assistance (the speed limit/adaptive cruise control one) which seems to, on the face of it, have nothing to do with it. The steering wheel icon then disappeared. I then turned it back on with the things I wanted and it's fine (apart from having to turn the audible alarm off everytime).

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 518 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back