Ready ?... for what ?

PristDean

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
So, whether you've just jumped in the car or been driving along for ages, 'READY' is displayed all the time as below. Can anyone put any logic against it being constantly displayed?

Ready to go ?...... i'm already under way
Ready for anything ?... Yes you're an MG4 so I am on edge
Ready & willing?.... Erm... maybe at the weekend

Ready.jpg

So, whether you've just jumped in the car or been driving along for ages, 'READY' is displayed all the time as below. Can anyone put any logic against it being constantly displayed?

Ready to go ?...... i'm already under way
Ready for anything ?... Yes you're an MG4 so I am on edge
Ready & willing?.... Erm... maybe at the weekend

View attachment 19096
It doesn't display READY on mine until I hit the brake pedal. Until then the infotainment fires up but the motor isn't connected and most car functions are not available, lights stay off.

This is convenient if you just want to sit in the car and/or use the radio.

It doesn't display READY on mine until I hit the brake pedal. Until then the infotainment fires up but the motor isn't connected and most car functions are not available, lights stay off.

Indeed, same on mine, and that makes sense. but not when driving along for an entire journey. The only time it is off is when the car is locked, then when unlocked, in the time the system takes to 'Get Ready'.... then it tells you it's ready, but for as long you are in he car.

That screenshot would suggest it is Ready to go as speed is zero, but can see some power still being applied to motor as brake pedal not pushed down firmly enough to engage autohold.

However I assumed that ready just meant the motor was turned on.

Ready means that all the cars systems have started and you can start your journey

Same for me - not until I press the peddle, and actually usually a couple of times

Ready to swerve randomly if you haven't turned LKA off...
Funny but true

Anyone notice that the "READY" disappears when you get out of the car ?
I believe it's cos the sensor in the drivers seat detects the pressure. Doesnt take much pressure to sense you.

So you can't get out and leave the car in Ready mode ?
Is it reverting to ACC (on) mode and if so will it turn off by itself after 10 minutes to prevent the 12v battery going flat ?

If you get out and back in again without locking the car, certain things will be remembered, like whether the radio was on or off, but the NCAP things like the Lane Assist will re-set because it's programmed to assume it might be a different driver who has got in.

I guess it's the equivalent of an ignition light on an ICE car.

Could have been worse. Instead of saying READY it could have been an annoying animation.

It's useful to know whether you're in ready mode or just accessory mode I suppose but that's about all.

My Hyundai Tucson (hybrid) has the same thing, but it's a little green car icon with a two way arrow underneath indicating the car is ready to drive. Stays there except for when you're in accessory mode. I think it's a safety thing with EV/HEVs because they start up with no engine noise, it's pretty obvious when an ICE car is ready to go!

My Hyundai Tucson (hybrid) has the same thing, but it's a little green car icon with a two way arrow underneath indicating the car is ready to drive. Stays there except for when you're in accessory mode. I think it's a safety thing with EV/HEVs because they start up with no engine noise, it's pretty obvious when an ICE car is ready to go!
Maybe a change in the wording then from 'Ready'...
Active
Alive
My God It's full of stars

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 506 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video