Real World Energy Consumption

Been hovering around 5-7C just driving normally, letting regen do its thing, and on motor way using ACC set to 70MPH
Wow, that’s mightily impressive - that’s working out at 4.4m/kWh. I’m getting a maximum of 3.2m/kWh with pretty much the same settings 5-7 deg, A roads and dual carriageway set at 70 using ACC, normal mode and regen on 3. Are you using TJA etc?

Wow, that’s mightily impressive - that’s working out at 4.4m/kWh. I’m getting a maximum of 3.2m/kWh with pretty much the same settings 5-7 deg, A roads and dual carriageway set at 70 using ACC, normal mode and regen on 3. Are you using TJA etc?
No not used TJA yet, mist be a premium electric in Doncaster 🤣🤣 EV motors run smoother

No not used TJA yet, mist be a premium electric in Doncaster 🤣🤣 EV motors run smoother
Something to do with the quality of the work force maintaining it, either that or the leccy knows your as tight as Scotsmen and eeks it out😉

Maybe it's one of the updates has improved the accuracy of the GOM?
It does appear to move about a bit more when driving and doesn't default to 2.0 when setting off anymore

Something to do with the quality of the work force maintaining it, either that or the leccy knows your as tight as Scotsmen and eeks it out😉
Only a Yorkshireman by birth, family aren't from here 🤣

I’ve charged my LR to full today and was getting 281 on the GOM. That’s at about 7 to 11 degrees today. So performing as expected.

I've given up peering at the GOM. I know I'll get a guaranteed 130 miles from my SE driving with scant regard to efficiency and with a warm cabin, so I just keep the 'from last charge' setting displayed.
I'm usually around 15% at the 130 mile point and ready to charge.

It's a little disappointing TBH but it is cold and wet, this is not an efficient winter car though.
I'm guessing 150 miles in spring, up to 170 miles summer, but like I say, I do drive it with no real attempt for frugality, life's too short ;)

I've given up peering at the GOM. I know I'll get a guaranteed 130 miles from my SE driving with scant regard to efficiency and with a warm cabin, so I just keep the 'from last charge' setting displayed.
I'm usually around 15% at the 130 mile point and ready to charge.

It's a little disappointing TBH but it is cold and wet, this is not an efficient winter car though.
I'm guessing 150 miles in spring, up to 170 miles summer, but like I say, I do drive it with no real attempt for frugality, life's too short ;)
I agree. It's just getting used to the car and if you can do your day to day mileage how you want to do it without worrying about the range then there's no problem. :)

got my mg ev es in November so only run in cold weather i fully understand cold and batteries and effects i am not a scientist just a 78 year old but we read a lot about wingers on here they are a great car just look forward to warmer weather for full potential

I am finding that anything above about 8 degrees is letting the car perform to the published figures. Full charge this week and got 281 on the GOM. When it was warming it was well over performing in published as I was getting 311 in November. Remembering that this is best case if you drive it harder or faster you will not get these figures and can expect it to be lower. I’m looking forward to a few weeks time when it start getting warmer to see what it will do.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 532 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back