Rear blinkers and reverse lights changing in LED

Scoozy

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Hello,

Can anyone confirm that the socket we need to use is 7440 to replace the back blinkers and rear lights please?
These are the only bulbs that are not LED so I will change them with LED bulbs.
With this link, you receive 2 white & 2 Amber LED replacement lights

This is a German video on how to install them.

Greetz Scoozy

I bought some similar LEDs and they are just too bright for my liking. And they get extremely hot
If I had to do it again I would by the Philips ultinon3100 and put their resistors in line.

There could be a problem changing filament stop lamps to LEDs. In the event of an accident, if an investigation is carried out it used to be common practice to check if the stop lamp filaments had fallen away, this happens in a shunt if the brakes where applied at the time (hot filaments fall due to G-force). It used to be an easy way for an investigator to ascertain if the vehicle was braking at the time of impact. I have no idea if this is still the case or perhaps this information is now stored in the ECU thus negating the need for filament lamps.

Just a thought, and possibly the reason why modifications must be notified to insurers.

There could be a problem changing filament stop lamps to LEDs. In the event of an accident, if an investigation is carried out it used to be common practice to check if the stop lamp filaments had fallen away, this happens in a shunt if the brakes where applied at the time (hot filaments fall due to G-force). It used to be an easy way for an investigator to ascertain if the vehicle was braking at the time of impact. I have no idea if this is still the case or perhaps this information is now stored in the ECU thus negating the need for filament lamps.

Just a thought, and possibly the reason why modifications must be notified to insurers.
These are not STOP lamps, Rear lights (white), and blinkers (amber).

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 498 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back