Rear Seat buckles problematic

RobQuads

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Does anyone else find that the rear seat buckles push down into the seat such that you can't easily get the seat belt into it. The kids find it a real pain trying to get the drivers side one in. Feels like the bracket its in is too flexible.

Does anyone else find that the rear seat buckles push down into the seat such that you can't easily get the seat belt into it. The kids find it a real pain trying to get the drivers side one in. Feels like the bracket its in is too flexible.
My mother has complained about this, although I haven't found it to be an issue myself and she has struggled on every car I have owned.

My mother has complained about this, although I haven't found it to be an issue myself and she has struggled on every car I have owned.
Must be part of the qualifications for being a mother as mine used to struggle finding the seatbelt buckle too, and that was the front seat never mind the back 🤣

Wow they wre not cheap for what I expect is a small piece of plastic. That's per buckle. Has to be a cheaper alternative somewhere.
There are cheaper ones available on Amazon or have a look on AliExpress. That was just to give you an idea what's available.

Wow they wre not cheap for what I expect is a small piece of plastic. That's per buckle. Has to be a cheaper alternative somewhere.

You’ve spent how much on the car and are complaining about pieces that will cost between £17 and £24…? ( Depending if you want two or three )

Come on.

I got these ones for £8 on Amazon, I suspect they're identical to the other ones just re'branded'. Do the job nicely.

Screenshot_2023-04-09-18-01-30-388_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg

The rear seatbelts/buckles are a potential issue.
One of mine jammed in, the passenger had to wriggle out.
When I lowered the rear seat to see if that would release it, the belt then tightened to the point the seat wouldn’t go back up.
So my rear seat passengers suddenly had nowhere to sit.
Bloody embarrassment.

My series 2021 MG5 does the same. Winds up the mother in law, so there are some benefits 😁

Yes older people struggle with the rear belts ..... Had quite a few moans from passengers..... You need 2 hands to fasten them might look at the solution from Amazon and see about 3d printing my own

Yes older people struggle with the rear belts ..... Had quite a few moans from passengers..... You need 2 hands to fasten them might look at the solution from Amazon and see about 3d printing my own
Bought two of the Amazon adapters, granddaughters have no problem now 👌

Put this in the amazon search for a twin pack

2-Pack Car Seat Belt Buckle Holder by Wididi Buckle Up - Soft Silicone - Easy Installation - Holds The Seatbelt Receiver in an Upright Position - Makes Buckling Easier for Kids, Adults & The Elderly​

That looks great, actually quite discreet too
It fits in the rear passenger side seat belt recess a lot better than it does the other side because of the middle seat buckle, still not bad though.

Takes a bit of fiddling to position it but once it's set, the buckles don't really move.

That'll be perfect for me, as only that side rear passenger seat is generally available - the other side and middle buckles are taken up with the dogs' harness belts. :)

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 523 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 48 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back