Rear visibility in wet weather

I'm interested in knowing this too, and does rainx work?
RainX is great, no issues for me with rear visibility in the rain. I put it on the side windows and the mirrors and headlights. I don’t do the front screen as I tried that a few years back, it only lasted a short time for me before the wipers wore it off and then went juddery hence not for me on front again.

The Jaguar I-PACE doesn’t have one either. Is it an EV “thing” not to have a rear window wiper? 🧐

I've not had any problems after around 800 miles in some pretty grubby weather.
I gave it a wipe this evening and the cloth really wasn't grubby at all which was a real surprise .I haven't tried rain x as I've not needed it
Glad to hear Rain X isn't needed. I can cross it off my Things To Get list 😁

It doesn't just self-clear, sadly, in my experience but if you put the heater on, it'll at least clear 50% of the screen in lines (!) which is better than nothing. I may also try RainX.

I haven’t found it to be a big deal.
TBH visibility out of the rear window is abysmal anyway, even when clean, so I just use the side mirrors more.
One thing I have noticed is that on the SE, water ‘pools’ in a line on the back screen at speed and never goes away.
So aerodynamics aren’t helping clear the screen at all.

One thing I have noticed is that on the SE, water ‘pools’ in a line on the back screen at speed and never goes away.

Interesting to see how that changes with speed. It shows where attachment of the airflow ceases on the screen and why the "ducktail" is so long to get attachment again at that point.
I wonder how it compares on the Trophy?

Interesting to see how that changes with speed. It shows where attachment of the airflow ceases on the screen and why the "ducktail" is so long to get attachment again at that point.
I wonder how it compares on the Trophy?
I am curious too. The Trophy spoilers will presumably create a quite different flow.

I've not noticed any pooling of water on my Trophy, it also clears very well too. Right in the middle at the top it clears slowest, this conforms to the brake light position, so it seems to clear more quickly under the spoilers.

I'm so surprised by a lot of commenters saying they have no issue with this - I'm in the UK, it's cold and wet most days right now, and visibility out the rear window of my SE LR is anything from appalling bad to non-existent. I've put RainX on to no discernible effect so most drives it's basically completely fogged up or drenched and utterly useless.

Side note - same for the side mirrors, fog up constantly, zero visibility.

I'm so surprised by a lot of commenters saying they have no issue with this - I'm in the UK, it's cold and wet most days right now, and visibility out the rear window of my SE LR is anything from appalling bad to non-existent. I've put RainX on to no discernible effect so most drives it's basically completely fogged up or drenched and utterly useless.

Side note - same for the side mirrors, fog up constantly, zero visibility.
Do the demisters clear it for you? Wondering if you have a fault

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 543 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel