Rear visibility in wet weather

Picked up my MG 4 then had a 20 mile drive home along the A3 in torrential rain (and it's rained every day since 🙁) 130 odd miles later and rear screen still clear so seems not to be an issue. Have had GuardX treatment applied so this has probably helped too.

Good to know about the antenna lines, I thought I had a fault.

Just to chime in for my first post!
I've come from a seat leon, and in bad weather you had to wipe the window constantly.
I have been amazed to see the difference on the MG4. Yes there's some beads of water on there but they don't affect visibility and you get zero spray from the back of the car.
I was worried about it, now I am not.
I've not bothered with any treatments yet, or wiping with a cloth. 800 miles done, motorway, muddy country lanes, the lot.

I've come from a seat leon, and in bad weather you had to wipe the window constantly.
I have been amazed to see the difference on the MG4. Yes there's some beads of water on there but they don't affect visibility and you get zero spray from the back of the car.
I've not bothered with any treatments yet, or wiping with a cloth. 800 miles done, motorway, muddy country lanes, the lot.
That is good to hear.
It is surprising how few new cars come with a rear wiper. Particularly EVs. Not sure whether Tesla started this trend, but many new cars don't have one.

Spray would have to go some to get past what I call the ‘shelf’ on the tailgate.

A few observations after 700 miles of mixed driving including lots of awful rain and spray on the motorway.
The rear screen remains remarkably CLEAN but not always DRY.
During low speed town driving, beads of water do not clear from the rear screen despite application of Rainex. I find this irritating.
The beads do disappear when driving faster.

I shall find the lack of a rear wash/wiper very frustrating when the car is parked in a dusty environment for a week or so. I’ll need to clean the screen manually (unlike my last hatchback which had a very good rear wash/wiper).

For me, it’s not a deal breaker but it is certainly annoying

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 92 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel