Rear visibility in wet weather

If it’s clearing alternate lines then you have a fault. The bottom two wires are the radio antenna and not heating elements but all the wires above should be heating. I have had zero issues with rear visibility during 1800 miles in all weathers.
Ah, thank you...just watched the video and now understand the reason why my rear window demists successfully but not at the bottom!

Can't believe people don't have a problem. My rear view mirror makes it dark and dingey all the time. It's bearable when it's dry. In the rain, it's terrible. When driving it's not too bad, but in slow traffic you see nothing.

No idea what the button on the mirror that says auto does. It's too dark whether the green light is on or off.

@codheadjohn

Assuming the MG4 is the same as the 5 in this regard, "Auto" is designed to deliberately and automatically darken the mirror in the event that the headlights on a vehicle following you dazzle you. The fact that you see no difference whether Auto is on or off (on with the green light) suggests to me that the anti-dazzle setting is permanently on and failing to deactivate. I think this is yet another dealer issue!

Can't believe people don't have a problem. My rear view mirror makes it dark and dingey all the time. It's bearable when it's dry. In the rain, it's terrible. When driving it's not too bad, but in slow traffic you see nothing.

No idea what the button on the mirror that says auto does. It's too dark whether the green light is on or off.

My car (SE SR) has an auto button on the rear view mirror that does nothing.
No lights come on when I press it.
I’ve no idea if I’m supposed to have an auto mirror TBH.
If I am, it’s not working.
If I’m not, WTF am I supposed to do to ‘dip’ the rear mirror when there’s no manual dip toggle…?

If I’m not, WTF am I supposed to do to ‘dip’ the rear mirror when there’s no manual dip toggle…?
The auto dimming rear view mirror is supposed to be only on the Trophy model according to the brochure, but it sounds like you’ve had a non-functioning one fitted on your SE SR. I’d ask the dealer if it can be replaced with a manual toggle rear view mirror.

Can somebody show me a picture what it looks like through the rear view mirror in the day, please? I can't tell if something is wrong with mine or not, it always looks dimmed to me.

Can somebody show me a picture what it looks like through the rear view mirror in the day, please? I can't tell if something is wrong with mine or not, it always looks dimmed to me.
Which one have you got?
The Trophy has an auto dimming rear view mirror whereas the SE is manual.

My SE SR has a manual dim mirror - flip it up for the Dim position. Sounds like yours has been fitted with a wrong part. (And given your other issues, it sounds like your car has been built as a hybrid - something is certainly not right).

My SE SR has a manual dim mirror - flip it up for the Dim position. Sounds like yours has been fitted with a wrong part. (And given your other issues, it sounds like your car has been built as a hybrid - something is certainly not right).

Maybe the same as the unspecified privacy glass on some cars (mine included)
Looks like the factory just fitted whatever was lying around at that time.

Maybe the same as the unspecified privacy glass on some cars (mine included)
Looks like the factory just fitted whatever was lying around at that time.
Thats sounds Par for the course!!! Like the loss of drowsiness camera on latest Trophy models. Like their making it up as they go along, "what else is there in the bins we can add to the car??" I can hear been said on the factory line floor!!

Which one have you got?
The Trophy has an auto dimming rear view mirror whereas the SE is manual.
Trophy. In the day, the dimming is fine. And driving at 70mph it cleared up nicely and didn't get spray on it, so good today.

At night it's always dim and hard to see. When in slow traffic and rain at night, it was hard to see anything properly.

I've now done a couple of longer drives in my MG4 Trophy, including a 358 mile round trip yesterday and don't find the lack of a rear wiper an issue. I didn't have one on my Ioniq and didn't miss it on that car either. On the demisting front, I find that if you have the heating on at a level to suit your preference, I like 25C, (and whether ECO is switched on or off) and the fan speed at 1 or 2, this prevents any issues with windows misting up in my car. I also have the air setting as recirculating.

Trophy. In the day, the dimming is fine. And driving at 70mph it cleared up nicely and didn't get spray on it, so good today.

At night it's always dim and hard to see. When in slow traffic and rain at night, it was hard to see anything properly.
Unfortunately I haven't got mine yet so I have no experience of the problem but it sounds like a combination of privacy glass and the mirror dimming sensor being over-sensitive.
You can turn off the auto dimming function on the Trophy. See page 68 of the owners manual
1671725519540.png

ok - just found something else from this week - hopefelly you get the gist - but the rear screen is fully clear

... before anyone asks, we got 82KW max (upto about 68%) on this charger
Assuming this is the Redbridge Park and Ride in Oxford, I used the very same charging hub this morning and the car was drawing over 137 kW. Arrived at 6% SOC and it was 4C as can be seen in the enclosed photo. I was pleasantly surprised.

Attachments

• IMG_20221222_012910540_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20221222_012910540_HDR.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 116

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 92 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member