Recommend tyre pressure for ZS SR Trophy?

I did see a post where a MK1 came back from service with 2.8 and the owner preferred it

Well I have no answer about the mini compressor but I've just been to the garage and pumped up to - according to the garage air pump - 2.8 bar and even on the quick drive home you tell immediately that the car runs smoother.

We'll be doing a 55 km round trip this morning to do the weekly shop so I'll report back after that, but looking/feeling good at 2.8 so far.

Do you realise how much car and tyre manufacturers spend on tyre pressure management?

Do you realise how much car and tyre manufacturers spend on tyre pressure management?
"Usually"?
Wrt the two photos above of the tyre pressure data stickers for a mk1 & a mk2 - are we really saying there's that much difference between these cars to justify the difference in recommended pressures indicated? 🤔

Fill them with Nitrogen or just over inflate by 28% with air, which is 78% Nitrogen and let the oxygen seep out at a molecular level, then they will be full of Nitrogen at the correct pressure. 🤪

Yep, if you fill a cycle tyre using a pressurised O2 canister you have to let the O2 out when you get home and pump it up again with normal air.

Tyres filled with just O2 will deflate quite quickly.

:)

Well just got back from shopping. Averaged 13 kw/hrs per 100 kms (equates to roughly 4 miles per kw/hr.

Smoother drive, the car felt 'tighter - less wallowy. Altogether more pleasant.

Well just got back from shopping. Averaged 13 kw/hrs per 100 kms (equates to roughly 4 miles per kw/hr.

Smoother drive, the car felt 'tighter - less wallowy. Altogether more pleasant.
The tyres'll chirp louder at the traffic light grand prix too 👍🏻😁

Shame there's no traffic lights between my place and the shops - love chirping tyres. Reminds me of the 'Stang I had many years ago.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom