Recommendation for rear of MG4 cupholder hack

pomegran

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Hi,

We've had the MG4 LR Trophy now since September. Our first electric car and it's been a great purchase. Just wish I'd bought one earlier!

However, one annoyance is a lack of cupholder in the back. Has anybody found a good, reasonably priced accessory that works well?

Thanks!

I bought one of these...

It keeps the wife/daughter happy (whoever occasionally sits in the back) and can chuck it in the boot if not needed. It sits well and doesn't move about, a couple of clips on elastic wedge under the back seat upright cushion.
Thank you, that looks really nice!

I got the plain black one with no extra pocket (as the back of the seats have pockets anyway). Was about £22 at the time. Not everyone on here will approve but if it does what you need then, it's worth getting.

I got the plain black one with no extra pocket (as the back of the seats have pockets anyway). Was about £22 at the time. Not everyone on here will approve but if it does what you need then, it's worth getting.
Thanks I was thinking the same one ..... does the colour / texture match up reasonably well with the seats ?

Wasn't someone in another thread 3D printing these? Or am I misremembering?
Not seen that. Never used a 3D printer but this is soft/padded and about the size of an adult shoebox. Don't know if that is possible on a 3D printer?

Not seen that. Never used a 3D printer but this is soft/padded and about the size of an adult shoebox. Don't know if that is possible on a 3D printer?
Yeah I saw the other thread it was just a plastic shorter version of this. But agree this would look like it matches better.

Yeah I saw the other thread it was just a plastic shorter version of this. But agree this would look like it matches better.
Gonna pop out to car and take a photo so people can see it situ...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240118_131100_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240118_131100_Gallery.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 80
Gonna pop out to car and take a photo so people can see it situ...
Looks good, almost like it was built that way.

Only issue for me is I sometimes use all 5 seats and not sure if would be a pain removing this each time, as bit bulky. Looks great if you rarely use the middle seat though. I was hoping there was some adapter for the storage below the Rear USB area, that would have been ideal but not found anything yet.

Very simple to remove. In some cars you can use the plastic clips at end of the elastic to join together but in the MG4 it's not possible to clip anywhere that I can see, so I push the plastic clips under the middle seat upright and it stays put well. If I needed all 3 seats just stick hand in and pull the elastic back towards you. Would take up a bit of space in the boot as almost as big as a holdall/gym bag.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 516 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.7%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back