Regen

GOODY

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
What Regen level do you use? I find 3 is really harsh like braking hard. Any tips on when and how to manage it properly?

Last edited by a moderator:
The MG4 doesn’t do one-pedal driving to a stop.
What do you drive?
Well I have found it will if you use TJA or ACC car will stop behind the vehicle in front and move off again when it moves off but I wouldn’t trust it and don’t use it.
Using the brakes also recharges the battery (in any EV)
It isn’t exclusive to regen.
Does it ? I think removing one’s foot from the accelerator will allow the car to slow via regenerating, but applying the foot brake will just slow and stop the car and give you less regen as the car will stop much sooner one of the reasons I don’t like ACC as it can apply mechanical brakes far to early in my view when regen would do some times.
Les

Does it ? I think removing one’s foot from the accelerator will allow the car to slow via regenerating, but applying the foot brake will just slow and stop the car and give you less regen as the car will stop much sooner one of the reasons I don’t like ACC as it can apply mechanical brakes far to early in my view when regen would do some times.
Les
Lift off the accelerator and regen might rise to about 15% to 20% ... lightly press the brake pedal and regen will increase up to 25%; if that isn't enough to slow as much as you need then further pressing the brake pedal will apply the physical brakes (at which point regen will reduce as the vehicle slows).

But I agree with @bowfer - why invest in developing adaptive regen and then not make it the default?
I don't know why they invested in it either. I would prefer to have stronger regen and 1 pedal driving instead.

I really don't like adaptive as I want to feel fully in control of the car at all times and have it respond in a consistent way. If I want it to slow down I fully release the pedal and if I want it to coast I release it partially. I don't want to be wondering how much regen it is going to apply at any given point.

I don't know why they invested in it either. I would prefer to have stronger regen and 1 pedal driving instead.

I really don't like adaptive as I want to feel fully in control of the car at all times and have it respond in a consistent way. If I want it to slow down I fully release the pedal and if I want it to coast I release it partially. I don't want to be wondering how much regen it is going to apply at any given point.
I feel exactly the same! I like knowing that the car is going to behave the same way each time I lift the accelerator pedal. I got used to strong regen and 1 pedal driving in my previous BMW i3 and really liked it. The only time I might consider trying adaptive regen would be on a motorway where you mostly only need to slow down due to traffic ahead.

Well I have found it will if you use TJA or ACC car will stop behind the vehicle in front and move off again when it moves off but I wouldn’t trust it and don’t use it.

That’s not one-pedal driving though.
As the name suggests, it’s using the one pedal to go and come to a complete stop.
No other tech involved.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel