Remote De-misting and the updated MG app

I use an Android, Samsung S23 with version 2.01 of the app. I often have to do the pull down thing to get it to find the car but other than that it's always worked well.

I have the same phone and the same version app but my front windscreen defrosting does not work, always goes to cool, so freezing .

Correct, in the latest version of the app the front windscreen defrosting always blows cold. I am currently waiting for a reply from MG customer services regarding this fault. A work around is to put the air conditioning on high....the heater works on this setting and it forces the fan speed to near maximum.

Correct, in the latest version of the app the front windscreen defrosting always blows cold. I am currently waiting for a reply from MG customer services regarding this fault. A work around is to put the air conditioning on high....the heater works on this setting and it forces the fan speed to near maximum.
Agreed 👍 the front windscreen setting on version 2.0.2 is useless on IOS.
It defaults to LOW and a feeble fan speed of about level 3.
I am just selecting “A/C Blowing” from the front screen at the moment.
This will give you heat and decent fan / blower speed at least ( if you are lucky ).
Yesterday, suddenly I have seen the return of MG dealers !.
But my local EV charging station is still 5,000 miles away.
Not to worry, as I do still have the local petrol stations available to view !.
Handy on an electric car ( NOT ).
As an experiment, I decided to downloaded the App onto my IPad from the Istore ( 2.0.2 of course ).
This device has never had ANY previous versions of the Ismart installed.
I was curious to know if any remaining / corrupted versions of the App were lurking in the back ground on my IPhone.
Install went through with no problem and after signing out of the App in my phone, I then signed into the recently installed App on the IPad, using my phone number only ( as per normal ).
This did not resolve the issue of locating my nearest EV charging station !.
Still only displayed one single option 5,000 miles away.
That’s that theory out of the window.

The reply below is from MG UK regarding the new app not working with respect to windscreen demisting. Their reply suggests they have no influence and receive no information from SAIC with respect to the app. Not reassuring at all.

"Thank you for your further correspondence.

The purpose of the original email was to make sure that you have connected correctly and all is working ok.

I do appreciate that some features may not be meeting with your expectations, however, if everything is connected correctly there is not a lot more we can do at this stage.

Please keep an eye on the app store for future updates that may become available.

Kind regards

Gary Smart

Customer Service Coordinator"

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom