Replace rear lights with LED’s

It helps to change the reversing lights. But it is never going to be a great backup camera. It just get dirty all the time. But I will never live without a backup camera in an EV.
True I know what you mean and still would rather have a dirty one at that :)

My wish would be that they raid the VW parts bins at SAIC and use the reverse camera integration in the rear logo / boot opener that you can spec in VWs this removes the dirty camera issue (and also update the quality of the camera while they are at it!)

My wish would be that they raid the VW parts bins at SAIC and use the reverse camera integration in the rear logo / boot opener that you can spec in VWs this removes the dirty camera issue (and also update the quality of the camera while they are at it!)
Now that would be a great mod to do! Agreed they needed to rob more VW bits :)

Hmm, in close to 5300 km I have had to wipe of the camera 3 times. And we had the wettest December in ages.
I don't see the camera as bad in low light situations, but that might be because when I leave home in the mornings, it really is low light situation? Little ambient linght polluting the picture

The rear screen wiper though, have had it's good share of work to do 😆
It's going to be interesting to see when/if we get some rather bad winter conditions on the roads, if I get more dirt buildup on it.

That said, replacing the reverse light soulds like a good idea, for when using the mirrors, witch I prefer still (or just not very used to having a camera), it could do with a better light.

Does anyone have any before and after pics showing off the led Upgrade?

Hey Happy New Year everyone.

My Nighteye LED Headlamp bulbs arrived yesterday and look great.

Also received my rear LED bulbs for the Stop/Tail, Reversing, Sidelights, Number Plate, Luggage/Boot and Interior.

I have now fitted the interior LED's to the passenger and Luggage/Boot area and the Number Plate lights, which I have to say all look great and much brighter than the filament bulbs.

Before I start to remove the rear cluster lights, can anyone tell me if they managed to replace the Turn Indicator Bulbs with LED's?

There has been so much controversy regarding doing this as I have heard it could effect the flashing speed or the amber level was not deep enough or bright enough etc.

If you have replaced these successfully, can you please advise which Amber LED's you bought and used and did you just mange to replace the rear bulbs on the vehicle or all the other front and mirror indicator bulbs too?

Andy (Blackpool)
Just for general info on LED's and MOT's

See the attached link and note which might throw some "light" on the subject 🧐 🚙

Can LED Bulbs Still Pass An MOT?​

I've never had any problems with MOT's......If I've still got the car in 3 years and If I struggle with my MOT, I'll worry about it then.

In the meantime, I can see and be seen better and use less electricity doing it. ;)

The Osram Nightbreakers only have a 6 month warranty though.
Do you have a recommendation? I’m still undecided. The article suggested go for a known brand That was all.

I've gone for the LEDs in mine, the rebel in me I guess :D
(The Nighteyes)
I have bought the same but not planning to put them in until the weather warms a little to give me the best chance of breaking the fewest tabs. :) I'm not currently going anywhere in the dark anyway.
Quick question will the beam pattern be OK without having to think about it, i.e. plug and play, or do they need to go in a particular way.

I have bought the same but not planning to put them in until the weather warms a little to give me the best chance of breaking the fewest tabs. :) I'm not currently going anywhere in the dark anyway.
Quick question will the beam pattern be OK without having to think about it, i.e. plug and play, or do they need to go in a particular way.
There is simply a left and right bulb, which are easily identified and fitted.

Then there are these 4 bulbs for the tailgate...fitted mine yesterday and they are brilliant.

Then 2 reversing light bulbs while you are in there....sorry if I'm repeating stuff...but the first red LED's for the tailgate I bought, weren't up to the job.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom