Replace rear lights with LED’s

I have bought the same but not planning to put them in until the weather warms a little to give me the best chance of breaking the fewest tabs. :) I'm not currently going anywhere in the dark anyway.
Quick question will the beam pattern be OK without having to think about it, i.e. plug and play, or do they need to go in a particular way.
How about using a Hair Dryer to warm up the plastic and make it a bit more durable?

I bet that would do it.....when I re-assembled them I put a very small smear of great in the plastic threads.

I bet that would do it.....when I re-assembled them I put a very small smear of great in the plastic threads.
So the ones you listed are the ones you bought, and they are bright enough and as bright as the originals or brighter?.

No there is a notch at the top which sits slightly left or right of centre which indicates which side they go on.
Great thanks seen the notch, silly question but is left and right determined looking from the rear or the front of the bulb. Will no doubt be obvious when the old one is taken out.

Great thanks seen the notch, silly question but is left and right determined looking from the rear or the front of the bulb. Will no doubt be obvious when the old one is taken out.
Easier to use in normal automotive terms;
Nearside or Off Side
or
Nearside rear/front, Off side rear/front.

My wish would be that they raid the VW parts bins at SAIC and use the reverse camera integration in the rear logo / boot opener that you can spec in VWs this removes the dirty camera issue (and also update the quality of the camera while they are at it!)
I wish they’d just fit a camera that isn’t so terrible - it’s only when you drive something else with a decent camera you realise how washed out and low resolution it is!

No there is a notch at the top which sits slightly left or right of centre which indicates which side they go on.
That's what I read, but mine are both the same, the (top) notch goes to the right on both. I assumed this was for right hand drive and to the left was for left hand drive.
These are the original halogens I took out.

Attachments

• IMG_20210111_124411681.jpg
    IMG_20210111_124411681.jpg
    396.2 KB · Views: 143
That's what I read, but mine are both the same, the (top) notch goes to the right on both. I assumed this was for right hand drive and to the left was for left hand drive.
These are the original halogens I took out.
Strange!

Hi Mark,

These are the LED Bulbs I went for, will certainly update you once I have fitted them.

STOP & TAIL
T20 RED STOP / TAIL LED BRAKE REAR LIGHT LLB580 P27/7w CANBUS W2.5x16q

REVERSING LIGHTS
2x AUXITO T15 921 955 W16W Canbus LED Back up Reverse Light Bulb 6500K 2400LM | eBay

NUMBER PLATE / INTERIOR PASSENGER LIGHTS (WHITE)
12 Volt Collection

REAR SIDE LIGHTS (Same as above but order in RED)
12 Volt Collection

REAR LUGGAGE/BOOT LIGHT
Hi AndyNWuk,
Were you able to install these lights yet? Do they work OK?
Just in the process of ordering new bulbs as well... only had the car a few days but I figured I would take pre-emptive action!

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Hey Happy New Year everyone.

My Nighteye LED Headlamp bulbs arrived yesterday and look great.

Also received my rear LED bulbs for the Stop/Tail, Reversing, Sidelights, Number Plate, Luggage/Boot and Interior.

I have now fitted the interior LED's to the passenger and Luggage/Boot area and the Number Plate lights, which I have to say all look great and much brighter than the filament bulbs.

Before I start to remove the rear cluster lights, can anyone tell me if they managed to replace the Turn Indicator Bulbs with LED's?

There has been so much controversy regarding doing this as I have heard it could effect the flashing speed or the amber level was not deep enough or bright enough etc.

If you have replaced these successfully, can you please advise which Amber LED's you bought and used and did you just mange to replace the rear bulbs on the vehicle or all the other front and mirror indicator bulbs too?

Andy (Blackpool)
If you buy Twenty20 LED indicator bulbs they have built in load resistors and will work without issue. They're £28 for two off Auto Bulbs Direct.

Easier to use in normal automotive terms;
Nearside or Off Side
or
Nearside rear/front, Off side rear/front.
Great thanks seen the notch, silly question but is nearside and offside determined looking from the rear or the front of the bulb. Will no doubt be obvious when the old one is taken out. :)

Great thanks seen the notch, silly question but is nearside and offside determined looking from the rear or the front of the bulb. Will no doubt be obvious when the old one is taken out. :)
Nearside is always the Kerbside, Offside is "drivers" side here in the UK. The same "wording" applies in foreign countries who drive on the left obviously.

Good point about the bulb, I would say if its marked its looking at the way the bulb is facing but that would not work for the rear light bulbs but then they are not "handed"

Read the entire thread but still have a couple questions. The headlights on my ZS is quote poor compared with my other cars. Sometimes it seems not any brighter than street light with the headlights on. What is the best bulb to get and where do you go to get it? Halfords? Cheers in advance.

Not too bothered with signals and reverse lights as i cannot see those. ;)

Read the entire thread but still have a couple questions. The headlights on my ZS is quote poor compared with my other cars. Sometimes it seems not any brighter than street light with the headlights on. What is the best bulb to get and where do you go to get it? Halfords? Cheers in advance.

Not too bothered with signals and reverse lights as i cannot see those. ;)
Get the night eyes off eBay there are links on this thread, you’ll be surprised how much better they are for about £18

Anyone fitted one of these in their car and any chance of a pic? The ebay site says the bulb is not compatible for the MG ZS EV. :(

Anyone fitted one of these in their car and any chance of a pic? The ebay site says the bulb is not compatible for the MG ZS EV. :(
If you're talking about the Nighteyes, they do fit, I have them fitted and they're great. No pictures though.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom