Reverse Camera SE LR

not yet ... and dont want to ... after removing the trim ... I might be able squeeze past cable through some opening on to camera fitted somewhere near number plate.
Will be interesting to see how you get on as I'm looking at a Trophy just for the camera.

not yet ... and dont want to ... after removing the trim ... I might be able squeeze past cable through some opening on to camera fitted somewhere near number plate.
Looking forward to seeing the end result, and hearing how you got on.

Hope you took some photos along the way!

Where is the reversing light wire and what colour is it plz on MG4 SE SR tia

does anyone know if installing the camera has any effect on the warranty?
I would think not but just wanted to check

So as promised, updating the thread here showing the wireless reverse camera affixed to a registration plate frame. I attached the frame to the factory fitted bolt holes instead of the cowboy drilled into the bodywork holes that the dealer did (a story for and from another thread!), this allows enough clearance to mount the camera at the top of the registration frame and give enough clearance to still access the boot release catch.

I used the standard euroclip registration plate frame with 3M VHB tape affixed to the reverse camera mount behind it. Note that you cannot fully open the hinge of the reg plate frame with that installed, but you can sufficiently open it enough to insert the reg plate and pull down the sprung holders.

View attachment 17476
View attachment 17477View attachment 17478

Simple install and very pleased with outcome. Works out more cost effective to buy a pack of two reg frames...image of the front frame.....

View attachment 17479

And yes, there are a couple of spots on the paving to weed :-D
Hi

Where did you mount the screen in the car?

Many thanks

I asked my dealer, and he said that the situation is a bit on the edge, but in his opinion, there shouldn't be any issues if the cables are not modified. Of course, he added that I can't complain if I hear strange creaking noises coming from the plastics that we removed and reassembled.

In case of issues, I could disconnect it and take it to the service center without any problems.

I don't think they would have a way to see that it was installed.

I picked up the car today. I think I will wait a couple of months and then try to install it. It arrived yesterday from China.

The warranty statement has the following line
  • The vehicle has not been altered from the original specification, where said alterations maybe found to be the cause of any subsequent component failure.
so I think they can only say warranty is void if they can prove that was the cause

... although I don't like the use of the word may in that sentence - it's a bit weasel-worded.

Has anyone tried to fit one of these yet? they seem to work seamlessly with MG's entertainment system...

I've just completed that task over a few days.
There are no holes to drill except one in the hatch plastic trim near the opening handle.
If anyone is interested, I can explain how it's done.

Sadly, I forgot to take any picture during the installation process.
It's not that complicated if you take your time.
It's integrated in the main screen when you select R.

Sadly, I forgot to take any picture during the installation process.
It's not that complicated if you take your time.
It's integrated in the main screen when you select R.
Does it replace completely the sensors page or you still see the yellow green red sensor?The steering lines, how should they be?

Last edited by a moderator:
Does it replace completely the sensors page or you still see the yellow green red sensor?The steering lines, how should they be?
It completely replace that page.
But the sensors still work (ie you get the beeps).
The steering line move when you turn the steering wheel.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom