Reverse Camera SE LR

The camera is fitted above the number plate.

MG.jpg

If that rear spoiler is easily removed I am hopeful that the backplate of the camera can lip behind where the MG logo is. My editing skills are not the best with images, but like this, lipped under, fastened and ending up with it looking something like the second image.

Attachments

• crop.png
    crop.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 260
  • crop_2.png
    crop_2.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 243
Last edited:
If that rear spoiler is easily removed I am hopeful that the backplate of the camera can lip behind where the MG logo is. My editing skills are not the best with images, but like this.....
No its not as it contains the lights etc. Why not put the fixing bracket behind the number plate by removing the number plate first and then replacing it?

1681052173772.png

No its not as it contains the lights etc. Why not put the fixing bracket behind the number plate by removing the number plate first and then replacing it?

View attachment 16781
My reasoning was due to the problem others have had with the UK registrations plates and the cylinder of the camera being too close to and impeding the lettering, especially if you have the solar panel attachment. It simply looked tidy there in exactly the same location as the Trophy models own rear camera.

The other solution I thought is to buy a registration plate frame to give the much needed extra space to get around that issue.

61YSUBP8t9L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

View attachment 16820How the Luxury/Trophy looks wit a registrationplate holder. Should be fine to atatch a camera to/behind that holder.
Seems like a win/win all round, aesthetically and practically to fit the camera to a reg plate frame. Certainly what I will be doing when we receive ours.

We are going to add this camera to ours when our ordered SE LR arrives. I am thinking of looking at mounting it at the bottom lip of the boot hatch maybe, If its backplate can be tucked inside the trim there maybe?
Post in thread 'Aftermarket review camera for MG4 SE'
Aftermarket review camera for MG4 SE

Hi have just refitted the wireless camera from the number plate bracket
looks better tucked in at lower bumper level.
Hi Tex, This looks good how did you do it ? Also , how easy was it to fit behind the number plate ? Did the number plate screw off easily ? Did the camera either block the number plate letters or light ? Thanks.

Hi Tex, This looks good how did you do it ? Also , how easy was it to fit behind the number plate ? Did the number plate screw off easily ? Did the camera either block the number plate letters or light ? Thanks.
hi if fitted to the number plate it blocks part of the reg.hence my idea to fix to lower bumper I used very strong 3m stickers seems to be fine I plug in the charger with camera left on car so as to not affect sticker pads.as other guys on the forum you can get a number plate holder that you can fit bracket behind and leaves the reg clear. hope this is of some help.

We are having our car way earlier than anticipated, 5 weeks instead of the estimated 16 weeks, and collect it a week today.

I am going to get a licence plate holder myself and affix to that to hopefully give enough lettering clearance. I will update with pictures myself in this thread when done..it's great then for peeps to consider varying options, visually.

If anyone has a decent sized power bank then that would be the best option for charging the interior battery of the camera unit, a fully charged 5000mah+ power bank being sufficient

rayzfun has fitted a neater option here
It is neater, problem for us is that this is our first lease car and we don't want to tap into the reverse tail light cable. The mobile phone shelf without wireless charging is somewhat redundant anyways so this plug and play and easy remove option is good for anyone that is leasing.

Heads up for anyone considering the Auto-Vox TW1 wireless reverse camera, it is currently on Amazon(08/05/23) as deal of the day (was on Saturday too) for £133.44

So as promised, updating the thread here showing the wireless reverse camera affixed to a registration plate frame. I attached the frame to the factory fitted bolt holes instead of the cowboy drilled into the bodywork holes that the dealer did (a story for and from another thread!), this allows enough clearance to mount the camera at the top of the registration frame and give enough clearance to still access the boot release catch.

I used the standard euroclip registration plate frame with 3M VHB tape affixed to the reverse camera mount behind it. Note that you cannot fully open the hinge of the reg plate frame with that installed, but you can sufficiently open it enough to insert the reg plate and pull down the sprung holders.

euroclip.jpg

mg2.jpg
mg1.jpg

Simple install and very pleased with outcome. Works out more cost effective to buy a pack of two reg frames...image of the front frame.....

mg3.jpg

And yes, there are a couple of spots on the paving to weed :-D

One thing is bothering me waiting for my 73 plate MG4 SE SR is the lack of a reversing camera. I mean I really rely on it and made a mistake of not realising it doesn’t have one. Any help with this plz?

One thing is bothering me waiting for my 73 plate MG4 SE SR is the lack of a reversing camera. I mean I really rely on it and made a mistake of not realising it doesn’t have one. Any help with this plz?
The SE's have reversing sensors but if you defiantly need a reversing camera you will either have to fit a third party one or cancel your order and get a Trophy.

The SE's have reversing sensors but if you defiantly need a reversing camera you will either have to fit a third party one or cancel your order and get a Trophy.
Ah thanks it’s got the sensors but I’ll have to try driving atm without using mine in my Kia niro to get used to it! I’m quite scared as MGs used to get laughed at but mines going to be pearl black and I love it and can’t wait 😆 thanks for replying 👍

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom