Safety recall update - Failed

No issues with mine although i also got a load of texts as per above as they were doing it. 25 minutes and i was away. Not noticed any issues since. Hope you get sorted.
I’m going for the recall next week, I’ve heard that the recall update also makes the lane keeping assist default to on ?? This would be extremely annoying as I found the lane keeping assist very dangerous so I would have to turn it off at every journey.

I don't think THAT update makes LKA default on ... but other updates they apply may make this the case.

Mine always defaults to On anyway - has done since I got the car, and that's how it's supposed to be (whether we like it or not).

I don't think THAT update makes LKA default on ... but other updates they apply may make this the case.

Mine always defaults to On anyway - has done since I got the car, and that's how it's supposed to be (whether we like it or not).
Is it still dangerous ? I found mine did a terrible job as keeping me in a lane ?

I have a checklist when I get in the car:

Sit on seat
Press brake
Turn off LKA
Plug in my phone

:)

I’m going for the recall next week, I’ve heard that the recall update also makes the lane keeping assist default to on ?? This would be extremely annoying as I found the lane keeping assist very dangerous so I would have to turn it off at every journey.
I had the recall update done yesterday and that hasn't made the lane keeping assist default to on, which is great news.

Isn’t the recall only for the issue with been locked inside the car
Yes it is. I thought other people were reporting that this recall update was having the unwanted side effect of the LKA being back on every time at start up. But not so on mine luckily.

Yes it is. I thought other people were reporting that this recall update was having the unwanted side effect of the LKA being back on every time at start up. But not so on mine luckily.
There is a LKA SW update available as well. Maybe this was done at the same time and they weren’t told.

I had a text message during yesterdays commute home, from mg with an airbag warning message.
There was no warning info on any displays in the car.
Seems a little odd.
It was from a number I had recieved the verify code when i first used the bind to the app.

anyone else had this

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 501 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel