Sat nav on MG

I picked up my new ZS yesterday and am experiencing the same problem. I assumed I was doing something wrong but it seems there are a few of us.

Thanks for that. Good to know it’s just not me. I am very techi. And I know something is not right

Assuming you pressed the go button :)

Last edited:
Don’t know if this will help..

Attachments

• ZS11EMCE_UK_User_Manual_EN.pdf
    7.4 MB · Views: 516
If you don't add a destination, the map follows correctly. When you add a destination and select go it locks up.

Following on from this, I started out as above with the car correctly following. Whilst moving I had my wife select home then go and it worked perfectly. Its still not right but I am sure someone can come up with a solution.

I went to try the long home button press but didn't have to. Seems to be working fine now!

Has anyone a MG ZA EV 2022 version. I can’t get the satnav to move when I move. It’s stationary all the time?
Hi Mel don’t know if this may help or not, but have you tried doing a hard reset /reboot on the infotainment system to do this turn on the car then press and hold the big button I e volume control button under the screen and keep it pressed that’s important, the screen will go blank for a few seconds but keep the button pressed until you see the MG logo appear on the screen then let go of the button works on the MG5 2021 and first gen ZS I believe best of luck.
Les

Edit Sorry hadn’t seen the 2nd page of the thread appear some have tried the long press of the button with no luck but you need to do it the correct way or it won’t work I’m not saying others haven’t done it correctly maybe the newer system is different so sorry for any confusion I may have caused
Les

Last edited:
We picked up the car on Monday and had the same problem. We thought it may have been that we skipped the set up thing so my wife down loaded the iSmart app and did the registration etc. We loaded up the car today, set the satnav for home and off we went, but the satnav once again did not follow the car, just stayed at the start point. I read through this topic and and tried all the recommended solutions to no avail. I could not find anything to do with the satnav in the online owners manual so phoned the dealer, having explained the problem to the receptionist I was told I would have to take the car in and leave it with them for the day. I decided not to book the car in on the principle that the car delivery dates keep going right and a car on the drive is better than a car at the dealers. We stopped for a coffee and a quick rapid charge and when we got in the car at around 3pm and once again tried the satnav it suddenly had a go button which had not been there previously. Perhaps, as someone stated earlier, there is a software engineer from MG reading these threads and did a software reset on the satnav main server, you never know lol.
Hopefully it will work next trip.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom