Sat nav on MG

Coulomb I think the 'Dead Reckoning' is very odd as I had to turn mine off. What's it meant to do? I had been reading this forum about 2 years before I received the car so was aware and found it within 3 mins when I first sat in the car to get used to the features and settings things my way.

However, the LKA works for me, I just lowered the sensitivity from high to low. It keeps those settings when switched off and its just a gentle reminder when one wanders to the lane edges. I guess I'm used to the rumble of my gaming joysticks, which are much more powerful than the MG.

Before anyone says I'm obviously too young and inexperianced to know what I'm talking about, I'm actually in my 70's. Forget that they can still think I'm young. Yes that bits OK.

Last edited:
Dead reckoning is used to estimate your position when the GPS signal is unavailable or too weak, such as when driving through tunnels etc. It will estimate your position using your speed and direction. Dead reckoning works fine on my ZS 2022 model.

Dead reckoning is used to estimate your position when the GPS signal is unavailable or too weak, such as when driving through tunnels etc. It will estimate your position using your speed and direction. Dead reckoning works fine on my ZS 2022 model.
Quite right & that is the whole point.

My 2022 ZS EV Essence SR exhibits none of the problems mentioned here & I’ve found no difference between having dead reckoning switched on or off - except for EXACTLY what you point out here. That’s what it’s for.

MCU 91.1.0.5

I have just received my new mg ev after waiting 13 months and I have the same problem. Set destination, it says guidance will begin now and then nothing happens..just stays at start point

I have just received my new mg ev after waiting 13 months and I have the same problem. Set destination, it says guidance will begin now and then nothing happens..just stays at start point
There are plenty of posts you need to switch off dead reckoning and reboot

Thanks. Just been to do that and it now works. Shame the dealerships can't explain that.
On quick question, what is the KERS switch for

My 2022 ZS EV Essence SR exhibits none of the problems mentioned here & I’ve found no difference between having dead reckoning switched on or off - except for EXACTLY what you point out here. That’s what it’s for.
I think the easy answer is in the UK the car uses here maps and I believe in Australia the car uses Google maps? So you're not going to get the same problems

I had same issue. Dealership hadn't a clue. However after much perseverance I found the issue. Go to sat nav, then settings, then map features. Turn off "dead reckoning". Then reset info system by pushing down and holding the physical home button not the one on the screen. Hold it till the MG emblem comes back on then release. Hey presto the sat nav will now work.
Yayy!! Solved mine too!!

Hi, I have just took delivery of my ZS trophy and guess what, sat nav doing the same as mentioned here. I went into the settings as described earlier in this thread, turned off dead reckoning in manage features and it worked brilliant! Thank you 👍👍

Yayy!! Solved mine too!!
Thanks this resolved the issue! All good now.

I had same issue. Dealership hadn't a clue. However after much perseverance I found the issue. Go to sat nav, then settings, then map features. Turn off "dead reckoning". Then reset info system by pushing down and holding the physical home button not the one on the screen. Hold it till the MG emblem comes back on then release. Hey presto the sat nav will now work.
Thank you this worked!

The Satnav on my MG5 freezes after about 20 minutes. I am booked with the dealer for a software update in September. Maybe check with your dealer.

Yes in car satnav. To explain. When I get in car it shows my location. I move away it says the same nothing moves. If I stop switch of and start again it shows my location. When I drive away it stays stationary
I had the same exact problem. Took the car to MG, they said they fixed it the first time (the did not) so I took it back again and they told me that it needs a software update. Thankfully, they actually did update the software this time and that solved the problem for the last 8 months so far...

Thank you, it's work

Sorry for hijaking this thread, but does anyone have any info when there'll be the next map update?

The latest version is Q1 2023, but the versions file in the bundle still says 2022.

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom