Sat nav on MG

I started up a thread (after this one) with the same issue. I tried the long home press reset, both before driving and whilst driving, which didn't fix it (I tried it a good few times). GPS definitely working as every time, after starting the car, when you opened the navigation, it would show you in the right place, but the map would not update when you moved (it looked like you were stationary on the map). What seems to have fixed it for me is the suggestion mentioned earlier. Program in a location and then while you are driving - with the car actually moving (or maybe get your passenger to do it) press the go button. I think the key thing is doing it as the car is moving, I tried doing it previously at whilst stopped at a traffic light but that seemed to make no difference. After doing that, it now seems to be working both when a route isn't programmed or if one is. I will wait to see if it stays working, but that is how I seem to have sorted it for mine.

We picked up the car on Monday and had the same problem. We thought it may have been that we skipped the set up thing so my wife down loaded the iSmart app and did the registration etc. We loaded up the car today, set the satnav for home and off we went, but the satnav once again did not follow the car, just stayed at the start point. I read through this topic and and tried all the recommended solutions to no avail. I could not find anything to do with the satnav in the online owners manual so phoned the dealer, having explained the problem to the receptionist I was told I would have to take the car in and leave it with them for the day. I decided not to book the car in on the principle that the car delivery dates keep going right and a car on the drive is better than a car at the dealers. We stopped for a coffee and a quick rapid charge and when we got in the car at around 3pm and once again tried the satnav it suddenly had a go button which had not been there previously. Perhaps, as someone stated earlier, there is a software engineer from MG reading these threads and did a software reset on the satnav main server, you never know lol.
Hopefully it will work next trip.
Glad that working. Not impressed with MG dealers

Has anyone a MG ZA EV 2022 version. I can’t get the satnav to move when I move. It’s stationary all the time?
I had same issue. Dealership hadn't a clue. However after much perseverance I found the issue. Go to sat nav, then settings, then map features. Turn off "dead reckoning". Then reset info system by pushing down and holding the physical home button not the one on the screen. Hold it till the MG emblem comes back on then release. Hey presto the sat nav will now work.

I had same issue. Dealership hadn't a clue. However after much perseverance I found the issue. Go to sat nav, then settings, then map features. Turn off "dead reckoning". Then reset info system by pushing down and holding the physical home button not the one on the screen. Hold it till the MG emblem comes back on then release. Hey presto the sat nav will now work.
Great advice that works a treat. Thanks

Nice one Mel. You just fixed my one too. Dealership had no idea and thanks to you I can cancel the service appointment.

Took my new ZSEV back to dealer to fix Satnav. Assured me it was working. wrong! I bet they never took it on a test run. Looks to work perfectly when stationary. Solution, book it in again!

Took my new ZSEV back to dealer to fix Satnav. Assured me it was working. wrong! I bet they never took it on a test run. Looks to work perfectly when stationary. Solution, book it in again!
Did you try my suggestion above

They are as much use as a broken loo

Yes in car satnav. To explain. When I get in car it shows my location. I move away it says the same nothing moves. If I stop switch of and start again it shows my location. When I drive away it stays stationary
This is exactly what I get as well

Yes in car satnav. To explain. When I get in car it shows my location. I move away it says the same nothing moves. If I stop switch of and start again it shows my location. When I drive away it stays stationary
This is exactly what I get as well

Go to sat nav, then settings, then map features. Turn off "dead reckoning". Then reset info system by pushing down and holding the physical home button not the one on the screen. Hold it till the MG emblem comes back on then release. Hey presto the sat nav will now work
There you go

I think this the 'dead reckoning' problem which is a setting which needs to be changed. There's another thread about it in the forum but sorry, I don't have time to find it for you. (I don't have my MG yet either.)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom