Service book

ippy1

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
My MG4 is finally going in for the breather tube fix, after 4 months!
Whilst they have the car they will update all the software.
In the dealers message they told me to leave the service book in the car…… My question is, what service book? The only thing I got with the car were 2 keys and a quick start guide.
Am I missing something, or are paper books a thing of the past now?

Actually, when I rang to book it in last week, the guy on the phone paused for a moment and then said, oil leak? Do you know this is an electric car.
I can’t believe these people, have no idea about the cars they sell.

This sounds like a standard generic request that the dealer couldn’t be bothered to change for those who have digital records.

In the dealers message they told me to leave the service book in the car…… My question is, what service book? The only thing I got with the car were 2 keys and a quick start guide.

Actually, when I rang to book it in last week, the guy on the phone paused for a moment and then said, oil leak? Do you know this is an electric car.
How long has it been leaking for

Will owners be able to print off copies of the service record when they come to sell their cars? Or will dealers provide a stamped printout after every service? Probably best to keep receipts to help prove a FSH.

Will owners be able to print off copies of the service record when they come to sell their cars? Or will dealers provide a stamped printout after every service? Probably best to keep receipts to help prove a FSH.
We've had a service report every time we've taken our MG ZS EV into the dealership so can't imagine the MG4 being any different

The service portfolio is also available in the iSMART app, but I don't know if that regularly updates after each service/interaction.

The service portfolio is also available in the iSMART app, but I don't know if that regularly updates after each service/interaction.
It doesn’t. Just collected car after 2 days.
When I collected it, no paperwork available, nothing on the iSMART app. So no idea what they have done to it? Didn’t do the breather either, just ordered the parts??
They had it for 2 days and hopefully did the recall fix. I did manage to get the mats I was promised in October last year!!
Oh, and they didn’t charge it either.

I bet dealers are watching their electricity bills these days of paying crazy commercial prices. It would be better giving the customer some cash to charge elsewhere.

You can download a Service portfolio to print and get stamped from here if you know your VIN.
It even has pages for recording recalls!
Tried that. Put in VIN and accepted. Service document completely blank. Should have at least PDI, one service and one recall, but nothing. Surely can't be there for the owner to fill in?
Noticed the MG web address was .eu, i.e. from the Netherlands, so perhaps this doesn't work for MG UK?

I think the only way you could get it populated would be to physically print it off and get the dealer to stamp the relevant pages, which seem odd. Surely there must be an MG database on which service histories are recorded?

My paper service record for my current ICE car doesn't have updates recorded in it only the service date and mileage and perhaps if it was either a major or minor service so I presume it will only be populated when you have your first service done by an authorised garage.

Oh, right. Have I missed something then. What was the purpose of entering a VIN number to identify the vehicle if the database doesn't populate the record?
Get the right fields to be completed for your exact model and trim.

I guess it is the same you can see in Dell computers support, requesting entering the serial number so it can list the right drivers for YOUR computer

Spot on they don’t know anything. And, apart from our fellow member in Chorley, they don’t follow the forums or any other third party information sources. My dealer Arnold Clark have had my MG4 Trophy for over six weeks now and it’s the fourth time it’s been in.
I guarantee software will still not be up to date if I ever get it back.
I read them the letter I received from MG warning of the “locking in” issue and the suggested remedial action. They didn’t have a clue what I was talking about.
“Do you know this is an electric car?” shows your guy has attitude as well as ignorance issues.

Spot on they don’t know anything. And, apart from our fellow member in Chorley, they don’t follow the forums or any other third party information sources. My dealer Arnold Clark have had my MG4 Trophy for over six weeks now and it’s the fourth time it’s been in.
I guarantee software will still not be up to date if I ever get it back.
I read them the letter I received from MG warning of the “locking in” issue and the suggested remedial action. They didn’t have a clue what I was talking about.
“Do you know this is an electric car?” shows your guy has attitude as well as ignorance issues.
They kept it for 2 days and did a report for MG and then ordered the parts! I was initially told they had the parts in stock.
God knows how long it will take to get the breather.
They also did a couple of updates, but I have no idea what ones. No record or paperwork for me to read, you’re completely in the dark.
I did noticed the they didn’t touch it till the second day, as the alarms started going off on my app.
There is a service schedule on the app, but I’ve no idea what you’re supposed to do with it!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 532 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back