• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Should we be worried? 🤔

Had our Trophy since Christmas now on 6k mileage and all good. Average 3.3kwh over the cold weather that’s mainly dual carriage driving at 65 to 70. Really fun car on b roads 😉. Has had a software update back at the dealer for infotainment etc. we have seen none of the problems reported on here.

Glad to see the positive experiences people are having. I have ordered a trophy and await a delivery date.

Would anybody know how to check if the latest update has been loaded on (except for taking the dealer’s word on it).

Only on the Infotainment....unfortunately you have to take the dealers word on other updates

We love our Trophy. Picked it up first of March. Like the rest on this group have been reading everything the good the bad and the ugly. Moved over from a BMW one series.

I believe an anxiety kicks in while you wait for delivery. Hold faith, just think back to when you first saw a MG4 and thought wow! Remember when you did the test drive and thought wow, how good you felt when you placed the order. I promise, when you eventually take delivery and go through your extensive PDI check list, you will drive away with a huge smile on your face.

You will be amazed when you overtake a BMW one series and leave it for dead!

And when you just enjoy the very quiet drive. It is so quiet. No wonder people said the indicator was loud, but remember, you can lower the volume, so, at the end of the day, I promise, your MG4 in what ever version or colour you choose will make you smile.

We love our Trophy. Picked it up first of March. Like the rest on this group have been reading everything the good the bad and the ugly. Moved over from a BMW one series.

I believe an anxiety kicks in while you wait for delivery. Hold faith, just think back to when you first saw a MG4 and thought wow! Remember when you did the test drive and thought wow, how good you felt when you placed the order. I promise, when you eventually take delivery and go through your extensive PDI check list, you will drive away with a huge smile on your face.

You will be amazed when you overtake a BMW one series and leave it for dead!

And when you just enjoy the very quiet drive. It is so quiet. No wonder people said the indicator was loud, but remember, you can lower the volume, so, at the end of the day, I promise, your MG4 in what ever version or colour you choose will make you smile.
Depends what 1 series to be fair, we are all driving quite nippy cars, but let's not kid ourselves, there are plenty cars out there far quicker, even the 1 series 2.0D is quicker.
The 128 ti is the same money as a trophy and would leave us all for dead,
As I said we are driving pretty quick cars with instant pickup but they aren't Tesla performance and bottom out quite quickly when you start going north of 85mph, people just need to be aware of that.

But I agree the quiet ride, instant torque etc is definitely a great driving expierience

Depends what 1 series to be fair, we are all driving quite nippy cars, but let's not kid ourselves, there are plenty cars out there far quicker, even the 1 series 2.0D is quicker.
The 128 ti is the same money as a trophy and would leave us all for dead,
As I said we are driving pretty quick cars with instant pickup but they aren't Tesla performance and bottom out quite quickly when you start going north of 85mph, people just need to be aware of that.

But I agree the quiet ride, instant torque etc is definitely a great driving expierience
All good points, though with an EV the instant pickup means you can be past before the ICEr has dropped down a gear.

All good points, though with an EV the instant pickup means you can be past before the ICEr has dropped down a gear.
Then it just catches you up, if it wants, the newer auto boxes that you can stick into sport mode are outstanding, had one on my last car (VW dsg box) pretty seamless instant changes.

Then it just catches you up, if it wants, the newer auto boxes that you can stick into sport mode are outstanding, had one on my last car (VW dsg box) pretty seamless instant changes.
I had the DSG on my Golf GTi Performance. Yes it was quick but awful wheelspin/TC with the front wheel drive, which did compromise it.

I had the DSG on my Golf GTi Performance. Yes it was quick but awful wheelspin/TC with the front wheel drive, which did compromise it.
Even with that it would still beat our current cars in a 0-60 and obviously only on Bowfers private track, would leave us for dead going north of 80

Even with that it would still beat our current cars in a 0-60 and obviously only on Bowfers private track, would leave us for dead going north of 80

It is annoying how many EVs die a death north of 70-80mph.
The power levels should mean they keep going strong.
Even +200bhp EVs are topping out at 100 and taking a while to get that last few mph, which is quite honestly pathetic.

We haven't bought a performance car. It's a family hatchback. Mind you 0 to 60 in under 8 secs was considered fast not too many years ago , but now it's just ok. Once most people are driving electric god know's what the traffic light Grand Prix will be like. 😂

Last edited:
We haven't bought a performance car. It's a family hatchback. Mind you 0 to 60 in under 8 secs was considered fast not too many years ago , but now it's just ok. Once most people are driving electric god now's what the traffic light Grand Prix will be like. 😂
100% this, under 8 secs a few years ago was proper hot hatch territory not now, it's a really nippy family hatch, as you say.

People just need a little bit of a reality check with some of the comparisons they are making. The one the other week about losing a Tesla from the lights was laughable. Let's be serious even the slowest Tesla's would leave all our cars for dead from a standing start, if both cars were being driven the same way.
Teslas are a really bad comparison as they would leave our cars for dead from 60-100mph also, as ours bottom out and they go on to 140mph.

It is annoying how many EVs die a death north of 70-80mph.
The power levels should mean they keep going strong.
Even +200bhp EVs are topping out at 100 and taking a while to get that last few mph, which is quite honestly pathetic.

It is a bit, gives you a slight inferiority complex when you're jostling with the turbodiesels in the outside lane.
2 speed auto shift like a Taycan would cure it but I can't see that being cost effective at this end of the market.
Topping out at the kind of speed where the Federales might still let you off with a warning has benefits for your licence I guess 🚔

It is a bit, gives you a slight inferiority complex when you're jostling with the turbodiesels in the outside lane.
2 speed auto shift like a Taycan would cure it but I can't see that being cost effective at this end of the market.
Topping out at the kind of speed where the Federales might still let you off with a warning has benefits for your licence I guess 🚔
The eboost button on the specced up Cupra Born's is good fun, extra 30bhp boost for about 20 secs. Really handy in overtakes

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 423 79.8%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 70 13.2%
  • No

Votes: 37 7.0%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back