• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Show off your car on collection day thread?

The day came at last. Took a bus to the dealer this morning and collected my LR Excite. Took me 5 minutes to work out how to get the thing moving but was plain sailing from there. Over the moon with it. Love all the warnings, beeps and bongs.

Ignore the old bloke drooling over his new car. Was trying to be a glamour model but obviously something is missing.

Last edited:
The day came at last. Took a bus to the dealer this morning and collected my LR Excite. Took me 5 minutes to work out how to get the thing moving but was plain sailing from there. Over the moon with it. Love all the warnings, beeps and bongs.

Ignore the old bloke drooling over his new car. Was trying to be a glamour model but obviously something is missing.

View attachment 6509

View attachment 6509
Just drool on in peace my friend- we’ve been there and refuse to leave 🤣. Many happy miles 👌

Now that's something I'd love to do, but due to the total incompetency of my local dealer the price went up by a £1,000, and they increased my payments by £77 pcm despite the fact I put down a deposit in December. I've cancelled my order and request a refund of my credit card payment. They can't even get that right!

I didn’t collect mine as such, I went for a test drive and see what they’d offer me for my Dacia Logan. After a drive in the Exclusive I decided I really liked the car but hate leather seats. But I got a deal on the Excite demo which only had 22 miles on the clock and meant I didn’t have to wait months for a new new one to come in. Drove it home about an hour after arriving at the dealer! Been loving it ever since

Attachments

• 3AC959DD-8136-42EB-9D06-12D9E2C25A30.jpeg
    3AC959DD-8136-42EB-9D06-12D9E2C25A30.jpeg
    723.5 KB · Views: 166
Collected mine today after a nightmare with Santander, overnight they managed to change mine and 5k other customers loans from 5.9% to 5900% - gotta love when IT do updates.

As it was clearly going to take a long time to resolve, they gave me the key to the ZS EV demonstrator and sent me home. I got home and got the call to say it was now fixed so went back!

Today has been a tale of 2 new cars to confuse the neighbours:
zsev.jpg

mg5.jpg

Had the pleasure of driving both today, ZS felt a bit more body roll than the 5. Regen on the ZS felt stronger, but it was below 80% battery and obviously the 5 was fully charged. Build quality and finish is great and both really are lovely cars to drive. First thing I'm doing is setting the speed limiter as it's way too easy to get into trouble.

Collected mine today after a nightmare with Santander, overnight they managed to change mine and 5k other customers loans from 5.9% to 5900% - gotta love when IT do updates.

As it was clearly going to take a long time to resolve, they gave me the key to the ZS EV demonstrator and sent me home. I got home and got the call to say it was now fixed so went back!

Today has been a tale of 2 new cars to confuse the neighbours:
View attachment 7216
View attachment 7217

Had the pleasure of driving both today, ZS felt a bit more body roll than the 5. Regen on the ZS felt stronger, but it was below 80% battery and obviously the 5 was fully charged. Build quality and finish is great and both really are lovely cars to drive. First thing I'm doing is setting the speed limiter as it's way too easy to get into trouble.
5900% ?! Did Santander manage to land on list of sanctions?! That's a wee bit steep! Glad they got it fixed!

IT upgrade a week ago. Guessing old system stores 5900, new system stores 5.900. It caused a lot of headache for the dealer, but they were excellent and I can't fault them and how they handled it.

IMG_20220309_123844_LI.jpg

Welp, there she finally is in all her understated glory! #teamSilver

100% charge, 260 miles indicated. Boom!

REALLY happy with her (it..?) so far after about 120 miles of party mode to get used to it.

Got to work today and have used 44% battery so onto the works charger and fill up!

Made a couple of kids in their Mazda3's and 320i's embarrassed in town last night by blipping the not-very-loud pedal!!! I'm gonna really enjoy this!

Attachments

• IMG_20220309_124423.jpg
    IMG_20220309_124423.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 119
View attachment 7360

REALLY happy with her (it..?) so far after about 120 miles of party mode to get used to it.

Got to work today and have used 44% battery so onto the works charger and fill up!

Made a couple of kids in their Mazda3's and 320i's embarrassed in town last night by blipping the not-very-loud pedal!!! I'm gonna really enjoy this!
Looks brilliant! I hope that you got just as good service from Warners as I did. I picked up my identical silver one from there in November and been really pleased with it so far. Which salesman did you have? They are all pretty good there.

Looks brilliant! I hope that you got just as good service from Warners as I did. I picked up my identical silver one from there in November and been really pleased with it so far. Which salesman did you have? They are all pretty good there.
They had a bit of difficulty with Santander being sly and changing rates for pre-agreed contracts (naughty...) but pulled the stops out to keep me onside. The guy I dealt with was called Matt and he's been solid from my first enquiry in Sept last year. Quite impressed with them so far, none of them are like other brand dealers that appear to look down their noses at you!

View attachment 7360

Making the wait until Saturday seem even longer for me when I join #teamsilver! Looks good in the sunshine!

They had a bit of difficulty with Santander being sly and changing rates for pre-agreed contracts (naughty...) but pulled the stops out to keep me onside. The guy I dealt with was called Matt and he's been solid from my first enquiry in Sept last year. Quite impressed with them so far, none of them are like other brand dealers that appear to look down their noses at you!
I dealt with a chappie called Nigel Burley. He was very good from the start right up to the day I picked it up. Always willing to explain this and that about the car. Although I’d driven an automatic in the States, I’d only driven a couple of electrics on test-drives so was pretty raw. Came back a few days later and he spent well over 30mins in the car with me explaining things again or much more fully. Really impressed by his customer care.
Only problem is that Warners is on the ‘other’ side of Lincoln to me. Both Skoda and Mercedes, who I have dealt with, are on the ‘near’ side for me being in Newark. Still, no great effort to drive that extra distance!

Last edited:
Six months to the day after our deposit was taken, I handed over the rest of the money! Mrs H becomes another member of #teamBlue. After chugging home in the traffic (without the "chug"), I think Adaptive Cruise Control is the best thing since sliced bread!

Attachments

• PXL_20220311_130829585.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220311_130829585.MP.jpg
    820.1 KB · Views: 109
Six months to the day after our deposit was taken, I handed over the rest of the money! Mrs H becomes another member of #teamBlue. After chugging home in the traffic (without the "chug"), I think Adaptive Cruise Control is the best thing since sliced bread!
Thank goodness someone's collected a blue one! This gives me a little hope my blue one (ordered September) may be on it's way 🙂

Congratulations btw!

Thank goodness someone's collected a blue one! This gives me a little hope my blue one (ordered September) may be on it's way 🙂

Congratulations btw!

According to paperwork in our car, it was manufactured at the end of November last year, so there must have been quite a stockpile of cars hanging around in China waiting for "chips", I hope this means the catchup is well under way.

Mine had the same, plastic bags with stickers for early November. After seeing grumbles on the ZS forum I was surprised to find a printed owners manual in the glovebox, guess it's just the ZS they've dropped the printed version?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom